Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Spring Cabbage Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to spring cabbage
Spring Cabbage Near Me
Buy your favorite Spring Cabbage online with Instacart. Order Spring Cabbage from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about spring cabbage
Spring cabbage is a highly nutritious vegetable. A 1-cup serving of raw cabbage provides:
- 22 calories
- 1 gram of protein
- 2 grams of fiber
- 85% of your daily vitamin K
- 54% of your daily vitamin C
- 10% of your daily folate needs
- Phytonutrients, such as beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin
- Omega fatty acids
- Minerals, such as calcium, manganese, potassium, and magnesium
- Micronutrients, such as vitamin B6, vitamin A, and iron
Fresh spring cabbage should be stored loosely wrapped in plastic in your refrigerator. Properly stored, spring cabbage will stay fresh for up to two weeks. If you only use part of the spring cabbage, place the remainder in an air-tight bag, with a few drops of water on the cut edge. Cut cabbage should be used within a few days.
Spring cabbage may also be frozen for use in soups and stews. Cabbage must be blanched before freezing to prevent a loss of color, flavor, and texture. Blanching spring cabbage is simple:
No. After extensive testing, the Ball canning company declared cabbage to be unsafe for canning in 1977. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) also does not recommend canning spring cabbage. The reasons for this are:
- Spring cabbage loses its bright green color when canned, becoming unsightly and gray.
- The flavor of spring cabbage greatly intensifies when canned. Canned cabbage is often considered inedible as a result of its unpleasant flavor.
- The heat treatment of canning is not sufficient when dealing with more dense and rigid cabbage leaves. As a result, cabbage leaves would be under-processed, allowing dangerous pathogens (such as botulism) to survive.
Both Ball and the USDA recommend freezing, pickling, and fermenting as safe and tasty forms of long-term storage.
Spring cabbage is a tasty, nutritious addition to your family table. Instacart makes it easy to get fresh spring cabbage from local retailers. Use the Instacart app to order spring cabbage, and our experienced shoppers will do the work for you. You can enjoy contactless pickup or delivery in as little as 2 hours!