Incontinence Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart buying guide to incontinence
Incontinence is a condition that occurs to many people as they age. It can affect both men and women for various reasons, though it affects twice as many women as men. Thankfully, there are measures you can take to help manage and treat it.
Incontinence Near Me
FAQs about incontinence
While many people experience incontinence, it does not affect everyone in the same way. There are actually five different types of incontinence:
- Stress incontinence: Any pressure on your bladder causes urine to leak out. Pressure can be anything from a sneeze to a laugh or lifting a heavy object.
- Urge incontinence: This type has many uncontrollable symptoms. You may suddenly feel the need to urinate, which is quickly followed by urinating, or you feel the need to do more, even while you are sleeping. This type can be caused by an infection, diabetes, or by a neurological disorder.
- Overflow incontinence: The bladder does not completely empty when you use the bathroom, leaving extra urine. The excess urine will then leak out constantly.
- Functional incontinence: Incontinence that comes about due to another physical disability such as arthritis that prevents you from reaching the bathroom in time.
- Mixed incontinence: You have symptoms of multiple types of incontinence. Usually, you will experience stress and urge incontinence at the same time.
There are many products that you can order through Instacart to help you manage your incontinence. Pads and adult garments are the most popular items used to manage incontinence. The items come in many different sizes, styles, absorbencies, and colors.
- Pads: These disposable products are made for both men and women to keep dry with incontinence. They have a strip that adheres to your underwear and keeps the moisture away from your skin. They can hold up to 8 ounces of urine and prevent any embarrassing odors. These pads are easy to change throughout the day.
- Panties or Briefs: These model regular underwear for both men and women. However, they are designed to hold liquid with a waterproof liner and pad. It can hold up to 10oz of urine, and they are easier on the environment because they can be washed and reused.
- Disposable underwear: This product is modeled after regular underwear with a wide variety of styles. Some styles are pull-on just like regular underwear, while others are designed with tape on the sides that can easily be adjusted or removed. There are also daytime and nighttime styles for comfort and wetness protection.
- Underpads: These are used on beds and furniture to protect them from wetness. They come in both reusable and disposable models with an absorbent side and a waterproof side. You can find various absorbency levels based on your needs. There are even ones with adhesive strips and antibacterial or antifungal properties.
- Plastic pants: This product fits over your regular underwear to contain mild leaking.
Incontinence treatment is very personal because it is based on what is going on with you medically. Pelvic floor exercises may help women who have recently had children or are entering menopause. While men with incontinence may need to change their water intake levels, change their diet, or may need to look for an underlying condition. Consult your doctor on the best method of treatment for you.
Instacart delivers a wide variety of incontinence products available to order. Just add the products to your cart and choose your desired delivery time. Instacart strives to get your order to you the same day you place your order. If you need to add an item or to adjust the size, you can go back into your order to adjust as long as your shopper has not started your order yet. Once your shopper begins, you will receive a notification within the Instacart app. If there are any out-of-stock products, you will be alerted here as well. Once your shopper is headed your way, you will get another alert giving you a heads up that your products will soon be conveniently delivered to your door.