Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Gift Supplies Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart buying guide to gift supplies
When it's time to mark a special occasion, the right gift packaging can make a big impression. Take the guesswork out of stocking up on gift supplies by shopping for everything you need via Instacart. Whether you're giving a gift for someone's birthday, a holiday, or a big achievement, you want to make sure you wrap up your present in a way that matches the thought you put into the gift itself. You can save time and money shopping for your favorite products and brands by ordering gifting essentials through Instacart.
Gift Supplies Near Me
Buy your favorite Gift Supplies online with Instacart. Order Gift Supplies from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs About Gift Supplies
Choosing a gift bag or gift box depends on a few factors.
Gift bags are useful when:
- You need something flexible: If your gift has an irregular shape, it might fit better in a gift bag.
- You need something easy to carry: Thanks to their handles, gift bags are easy to transport.
- You want something that's already decorated: Gift bags come in an assortment of graphics, designs, and solid colors, so it's easy to create a stylish presentation suited to the occasion.
Gift boxes are useful when:
- You need something sturdy: You can package heavy items in a gift box without worrying about the box breaking.
- You need something customizable: You can decorate gift boxes any way you want, adding gift bows, ribbons, stickers, and more.
- You need a bigger size range: While both bags and boxes come in different sizes, you can find gift boxes suited to larger gifts.
Want to go beyond simply wrapping up your present and handing it off? Once you've packaged the present and added the final bow, you might consider some creative ways to bring your gift recipient to their present. Some ideas include:
- Planning a scavenger hunt that eventually leads to your gift.
- Giving visual or written clues and riddles that guide the recipient to their wrapped present.
- Hiding a gift within a gift, such as using a book your recipient wants to conceal tickets to that game or show they REALLY want.
- Giving an expected gift (such a birthday present) at an unexpected time, such as first thing in the morning.
Sure, you can give a gift without a card if you really want to. However, taking a few extra moments to find and write in a thoughtful card goes a long way. A greeting card included with a present adds an extra touch for your gift recipient, making the whole experience more personal.
Including a card with your gift also serves a practical purpose. Adding a card ensures that your recipient knows exactly who gave them the gift. If your recipient wants to send thanks for the gift, they might get frustrated if they can't figure out who gave their new favorite item to them!
You can either enclose your card in your present or tape the card to the outside of a gift bag or gift box. Even if you just write a short note and sign your name, your card will help brighten up your gift recipient's day.
Giving presents to someone you love can be lots of fun, but knowing just when you need to give gifts can sometimes create stress. Some gift-giving occasions to keep in mind include:
Pro-tip: Make a list of people you'll want to shower with gifts (think parents, children, nieces and nephews, spouses, dear friends), and then add the key dates into your calendar, so you never miss an essential occasion again. And while marking big occasions is important, giving "just because" gifts every now and then can be even more meaningful for the recipient. Why not show someone you care with a gift on a random day?
Instead of going from store to store to find gift bags, gift bows, greeting cards, and more, you can order the essentials from Instacart and get what you need delivered in as little as 2 hours! Make your day a little easier, and order all your gift supplies via Instacart today!