Protein Supplements Delivery or Pickup
Buy Protein Supplements at stores near you
The Instacart buying guide to protein supplements
From bars to powders to drinks, protein supplements provide all the extra macronutrients you need. When you want to stock up on protein supplements, there's no need to drive to the store. Order through Instacart to save time and make your day easier.
Protein Supplements Near Me
FAQs about protein supplements
To choose the right protein supplements, consider your snacking preferences and when you can fit those extra calories into your schedule. Here are some advantages of each type of supplement:
- Protein Bars: Although ingredients vary from brand to brand, many protein bars offer a balanced macronutrient approach. That means when you eat a protein bar, you also consume carbohydrates and fat. In addition, bars are one of the only solid supplements, which can make you feel more satisfied.
- Protein Powders: Because powders typically go into drinks and smoothies, they're great if you want to customize your supplements. You can blend them with other healthy foods to reach your bodybuilding or weight loss goals faster in many cases.
- Protein Drinks: When convenience is your priority, protein drinks are the answer. These liquid supplements are easy to enjoy on the go, whether you're at the gym, at work, or at home.
Supplements typically include one or more types of proteins from natural sources. Some of the most common protein sources include:
- Whey: Made from milk, whey protein tends to work well for building muscle and helping with post-workout recovery.
- Casein: Also made from milk, casein protein digests more slowly than whey protein and can boost body composition.
- Egg: Usually made from egg whites, this type of protein powder can help with growing lean muscle mass.
- Soy: Derived from soybeans, soy powder can increase your protein intake and enhance your nutrition profile.
- Pea: Made from legumes, pea protein can improve muscle thickness and help you feel more full.
Although many common protein supplements are derived from animal products, some are vegan. If you prefer vegan supplements, look for options that include protein sources like:
- Hemp: In addition to protein, hemp powder provides additional fiber and minerals like zinc.
- Pea: Supplements made from yellow split peas can provide an efficient source of branched-chain amino acids, which prompt your body to produce muscle protein.
- Soy: As one of the few complete plant-based proteins, soy supplements are ideal for vegans.
- Rice: Brown rice protein is designed to boost muscle growth, especially after weight training sessions.
- Pumpkin Seed: These seed-based supplements provide high levels of protein as well as minerals like magnesium and iron.
The amount of protein you need depends on a few key factors, including your weight and goals. If you simply want to maintain your current weight, health status, and activity level, the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for protein equals 0.8g for every kilogram you weigh. For example, if you weigh 150lbs or about 68kg, your RDA is about 55g of protein. In many cases, you can consume your RDA for protein by eating whole foods like lean meats, fish, eggs, and beans.
However, the standard RDA for protein isn't enough for many people. If you have a highly active lifestyle, if you want to gain muscle mass, or if you want to maintain weight loss, then consuming more protein could help. Relying on protein supplements can ensure you get the macronutrients you need without unnecessary calories.
Because protein supplements include so many different categories, you can purchase them from a wide variety of retailers. Some of the most common places to buy health supplements include:
- Grocery Stores: Most grocery stores have a selection of protein bars, and some also carry protein drinks.
- Convenience Stores: You can typically order protein bars and drinks from convenience stores, but the selection may be limited.
- Warehouse Clubs: Many warehouse clubs sell large quantities of protein supplements so you can stock up for longer-term needs.
- Specialty Stores: Select specialty stores, such as health stores and supplement shops, sell an extensive range of protein-packed options. You can browse the largest selection of bars, drinks, and powders here.
No matter where you prefer to purchase your protein supplements, you can order via Instacart. That way, you can make your day easier and get your favorite protein supplements delivered right to your door.