Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Costumes Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart buying guide to costumes
Stock up on the costumes and costume accessories you need for any occasion by shopping the selection available via Instacart. Whether you're getting the kids ready for Halloween, planning a fun birthday party, or anything in between, you'll find everything you need to order through the Instacart app. Instead of going from store to store searching for the perfect supplies, let Instacart make your day a little easier with delivery in as little as 2 hours after ordering! You can find all your favorite costumes and costume brands. Save time shopping for costumes by ordering via Instacart today.
Costumes Near Me
Buy your favorite Costumes online with Instacart. Order Face Paint, Costume Masks, Costumes, and more from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about costumes
Whether your kids are gearing up for Halloween or you're celebrating another occasion with a costume party, costumes offer a great way for kids to pretend to be anyone (or anything!) they can imagine. If you're stuck for ideas, some surefire choices include:
- Ghost: When you think about Halloween, chances are that ghosts are among the first things that come to mind. So it's no wonder that ghost costumes are perennially popular! Your child will love dressing as a spooky — or friendly — spirit.
- Princess: Princess-themed costumes offers endless possibilities. Kids can dress up as their favorite princess (think Elsa from "Frozen" or classic Disney princesses such as Cinderella), or you can invent a princess from their imagination.
- Superhero: Another classic choice, superhero costumes lets kids show off their extraordinary powers. Spider-Man is a trendy option, but a variety of superheroes in movies and TV shows offer an abundance of fun possibilities.
Need to put together a great costume in a pinch? You can create a Halloween costume using items you have around the house and then use costume accessories or props to complete the look. Some fun ideas include:
- Cat: If you have a black top, pants, gloves, and shoes, you have most of what you need to create a classic cat costume. Just get some cat ears, draw on whiskers using makeup, and you're ready for any costume party.
- Cupcake: A colorful tutu gets new life when you turn it into a cupcake base. Top things off with a shirt the color of your favorite cake flavor, and then add some pom-poms as sprinkles.
- Planet: Paint a hula hoop to make it glittery, and then turn any party-goer into a planet by hanging the hula hoop from their shoulders to form a ring. Accessories such as stars or glow wands take the space theme to the next level.
Wigs are a fun way to transform your look, especially when you're dressing up in costume. But if you have long hair, you might struggle to find a good way to put on your wig so it stays put. Here's a method for wearing a wig with long hair:
First, divide your hair into two sections and braid each section. Classic braids and French braids both work. You can use four braids if your hair is especially thick. Wrap the braids around your head before securing them at the crown, making sure the braids aren't so close to the natural headline that they'll show near the front of the wig. Put on a wig cap, and then put on the wig. You can use wig tap, wig clips, or bobby pins to hold everything in place.
If you're getting the family ready for a Halloween outing, you'll want to make sure everyone has the perfect costume for their personality. That includes the family pet! Dressing up your dog for Halloween (or an at-home costume party) can make a fun day even more memorable.
You can create a DIY costume or get a ready-made costume for your pup. In fact, you'll find a wide variety of dog-friendly costumes available. If someone in your family is dressing up as a princess, why not get a princess costume for your pet? Likewise, if you have a brood of superheroes trick-or-treating, get a costume for your dog to match. You can even create a theme of mythical creatures for the family and dress your dog as a unicorn. You have endless possibilities to get your pet in on the fun.
With the right supplies, you can easily create a costume for anyone. Let Instacart make your day a little easier with same-day delivery, and shop for all the costume essentials today!