Leafy Vegetables Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to leafy vegetables
About leafy vegetables
Boost the nutrition level of your diet by adding some leafy vegetables. Abundant in vitamins and minerals, these foods include different types of edible plant leaves that grow above the ground. Adding these veggies to your diet can enhance your meals' taste, color, and texture, protect you from chronic diseases, and improve your well-being. Among greens, there are many great options you can choose from, such as:
- Spinach: An excellent source of vitamin A, K1, and B9 (folate), this leafy vegetable also provides a good supply of flavonoids. Spinach is a versatile ingredient that can enhance soups, pies, sandwiches, and stews. According to clinical research, it may also have cardiovascular and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Lettuce: Whether you opt for romaine, green leaf, red leaf, or iceberg lettuce, each offers you a good supply of vitamin A and beta carotene. Additionally, you can obtain vitamin K1 and vitamin B9. Add this crunchy green to your salads, burgers, and baguettes!
- Cabbage: You can purchase this veggie in a range of vibrant colors, such as white, green, red, and purple. It offers a robust supply of vitamin C and K. By incorporating this green into your diet, you can also boost your vitamin B9, manganese, vitamin B6, and calcium intake.
- Bok Choy: Low in calories with a good supply of vitamins C, A, and K1, this veggie is a great source of hydration. It also contains small quantities of many other nutrients, such as vitamin B9, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, calcium, and manganese. Enjoy it in a stir-fry or a healthy sandwich.
- Kale: Like spinach, kale is a nutrient-dense veggie that provides a plentiful supply of vitamins A and K1. Research indicates that its nutrients, such as vitamin C and carotenoids, can help protect your vision. It may also enable the reduction of blood glucose levels after a meal.
- Collard greens: Like kale, this popular leafy vegetable is a great source of vitamins A, C, and K1.
- Endive: This vegetable is a good source of vitamins K1, C, A, and B9. You can also benefit from its manganese content. Use endive raw in a crunchy, cheesy salad or cooked in pasta or a ciabatta.
- Escarole: This lettuce and endive lookalike offers many nutrients, such as vitamins K, A, and C. Additionally, it contains copper, zinc, and fiber.
- Chard: This is a superior source of vitamin K1. You can also benefit from its supply of vitamin C, carotenoids, and magnesium. Try it with olive oil, toasted breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, onions, and lemon for a tasty salad.
Leafy Vegetables Near Me
Buy your favorite leafy vegetables online with Instacart. Order arugula, butter lettuce, cabbage, and more from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.