PICS Pantry Delivery or Pickup
Buy Pantry at stores near you
Pantry Near Me
Buy your favorite Pantry online with Instacart. Order Salad Toppings, Boxed Meals and Sides, Grains, and more from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about pantry goods
Shelf-stable products are items that can sit on a pantry shelf for a year without having to be stored in a refrigerator. They are foods that don't require cooking for safe eating and are often canned, dehydrated, or freeze-dried. Some typical shelf-stable foods are:
- Canned soups
- Canned meat, chicken, and fish
- Jerky (beef, chicken, venison, etc.)
- Canned vegetables
- Canned beans
- Canned cheese
- Most condiments until opened (after which you'll need to refrigerate them)
- Most spices and dried herbs
- Ready-to-eat meals (often kept for disaster preparation)
Note the expiration date on your shelf-stable grocery items. Different foods have different shelf lives and should be ingested before the manufacturer's expiration date for best quality. Although it takes longer, they can spoil, so be sure to use them and replace them with newer items to minimize food waste. You can order shelf-stable items for quick and easy delivery.
You can make many quick and delicious treats with a few baking items. To be ready for a surprise birthday party, or to cure a sweet tooth, some baking essentials to keep available in your kitchen are:
- Flour: You can choose from many types, including unbleached flour, almond flour, self-rising flour, and gluten-free flour. Choose the ones that you prefer and that fit your dietary needs.
- Leaveners: These elements go into baked goods to help them rise. Examples are eggs, yeast, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Sugar: Sugar, or some sort of sweetener, is used in many baking recipes. Brown sugar, cane sugar, granulated sugar, honey and various other sugar substitutes should be included as a kitchen staple.
- Salt: Stock basic table salt, Himalayan salt, sea salt, and/or other salts to balance out sweetness and enhance flavor.
- Fats: Most baked goods require a fat additive such as oil, butter or shortening. Decide what fits your needs and cooking style best.
- Dairy: Stores stock an increasing variety of dairy and dairy substitutes to include in your baked goods. Follow your recipe and diet recommendations.
- Extract: Vanilla extract is used in many recipes to add depth to the flavors. Other options are almond, cherry, and mint extract. Pay attention to product information and recipe recommendations.
- Spices: Baked goods can use a number of spices to suit your taste. Keep on hand the ones that are included in most of your recipes and match your taste.
Keep your baking skills on point with regular practice, and remember to maintain your ingredients by adding them to your cart.
You'll want to keep your pantry updated to have the ingredients for your recipes ready. Start by keeping a logical order to your food. Organize items by category, and label your containers if you're not storing them in the original packaging. Many items last longer when kept in airtight packaging, and some must be moved to different storage containers once the original packaging or seals are broken. Keep newer items toward the back of the shelf to use older products first and have a rotating supply of essentials. Restock by filling your cart online and let Instacart handle the rest.
Your food should be stored in airtight containers in a cool, dry, and dark place. Keep items off the floor to reduce the chance of attracting pests, and maximize your shelf space by using baskets, drawers, or dividers to help keep your pantry in order. It's important to find items easily, so be sure to have a good light source when you need it. You can use a door as added storage by mounting small shelves to hold light items such as spice jars or kitchen basics such as paper towels, foil, plastic wrap, and storage and sandwich bags.
If you have children, keep a snack section in an easy-to-find place where small hands can grab a healthy treat. Order through Instacart when your pantry basics are low to have your groceries delivered the same day.
If you use Instacart to shop the stores for you, you can effortlessly fill your pantry while spending your time doing what you want and need to do. You can get your order in as little as 2 hours, which is enough time to watch a movie, play a game with your family, or clean a room.