Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Ice Delivery or Pickup
When you need to stock up on ice, you want to make sure you can get what you need in an easy and straightforward way. Turn to Instacart to take the guesswork out of all your ice shopping needs. Whether you ran out of ice for drinks at the backyard barbecue you are hosting or you need to get dry ice for camping, Instacart has you covered. You can make your day a little easier by shopping for ice via Instacart since you just need to shop online and then have your ice delivered in as little as 2 hours!
Ice Near Me
Buy your favorite Ice online with Instacart. Order Ice Cubes, Crushed Ice, Ice Blocks, and more from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about ice
An ice cube tray is just the start of the possibilities you have for making ice-based drinks. Certain types of ice are better suited to various drinks:
- Crushed ice: Use crushed ice when making smoothies and frozen drinks in a blender, do-it-yourself snow cones, or classic cocktails like Mai Tais, Mint Juleps, and Moscow Mules.
- King cubes: King cubes melt slowly, so they're perfect in stirred cocktails like Negronis or Old Fashioneds when you want ice but don't want to water down the drink.
- Sphere ice cubes: Extra-large sphere-shaped cubes melt slowly, making them ideal for spirits on the rocks, punch bowls, or pitcher drinks.
- Standard cubes: Classic ice cubes are a go-to for a good reason! You can use standard ice cubes in cold drinks like lemonade or ice coffee, or throw in a handful in a cocktail like a Dark and Stormy, Gin and Tonic, or Tom Collins.
Outdoor parties in the summer promise tons of fun, but those warm temperatures also wreak havoc on the ice you have on hand. An extra freezer offers a great option, but it's an option not a lot of people have.
Many people opt to use coolers to keep ice outside for a party. Go with light colors, since they absorb less heat and can slow down melting. You should also avoid putting your cooler in direct sunlight. Try lining a cooler with aluminum foil, or even putting bubble wrap under the foil for more insulation. Once you fill a cooler with your bags of ice, cover with a blanket.
You might go with ice blocks instead of ice cubes if you need to keep a lot of ice, especially if you're enjoying time outside. As large blocks of ice have less surface area than smaller cubes, blocks are less prone to melting. Because smaller blocks of ice don't last that long, ice blocks offer a great alternative to have ready to add to drinks. Ice blocks are also useful to keep other items cool when you don't want to use dry ice.
You can use ice blocks to:
- Preserve food and drinks when you have limited refrigeration space.
- Keep large bowls of punch cool when you don't want small ice pieces to melt and water down the punch.
- Cool down your pool when the water gets too warm.
- Cool yourself down if your air conditioner breaks.
- And more!
Dry ice has a number of functional uses in everyday life, including using it in your camping cooler, to create fun fog effects for decorations, and more. Dry ice is the frozen form of carbon dioxide, not water, and it must be kept at a very low temperature. As a result, it is important to handle dry ice properly to prevent injury and to make sure the dry ice lasts until the moment you want it.
You don't want to buy dry ice more than a few hours before you'll actually need it. Dry ice doesn't last a long time, even if you store it in a cooler. If you purchase dry ice a few days before you plan to use it, it will be gone by the time you need it! Getting your dry ice just few hours ahead of time is ideal.
You can't always plan a trip to the store at the exact right moment to get the ice you need. Order your ice via Instacart to make your day a little easier!