English Peas Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to English pea products
When people think about peas, most think of English peas. Also known as green peas, shell peas, and garden peas, English peas are the most common commercially available peas in North America. These tasty treats are known for their sweet flavor and slightly crunchy texture. Order English peas via Instacart today and have them delivered to your door in as little as 2 hours!
One of the reasons English peas are so popular is that they're an incredibly versatile legume. Fresh peas are delicious, but they lose their sweetness shortly after harvesting, so a relatively small percentage of fresh English peas hits the market. Most English peas are either canned, frozen, or dried when they are at their tastiest.
English peas might be small, but they are jampacked with nutritional value. These legumes contain the following:
- Fiber for digestive health and blood sugar control.
- Protein, which fills you up to encourage good portion control.
- Antioxidants that build your immune system.
- Carbohydrates for energy.
- Lutein for healthy vision.
- Iron for red blood cell production and transporting oxygen around the body.
- Phytonutrients to reduce inflammation and the risk of heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.
- Folic acid for a healthy pregnancy.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for heart health.
- Coumestrol, which protects against stomach cancer.
- Saponins, which may lower the risk of other kinds of cancer.
Spring to early summer is the peak season for English peas, but these legumes are available most of the year. There are some small, sporadic gaps in the market for fresh peas, but the large number of canned, frozen, and dried English peas ensures that families can enjoy them year-round.
English Peas Near Me
Buy your favorite english peas online with Instacart. Order english peas from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.