Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Santa Claus Melons Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to Santa Claus melons
You will find a variety of melons in the Instacart app, and Santa Claus melon is one of them. Just add the amount of Santa Claus melons that you want to your Instacart order, and they'll be delivered or ready for pickup in as little as 2 hours!
Santa Claus Melons Near Me
Buy your favorite Santa Claus Melons online with Instacart. Order Santa Claus Melons from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about Santa Claus melons
The Santa Claus melon has more calories, more minerals and salts, more vitamins, and less water as compared to a watermelon. It is also rich in potassium, which is good for the heart, and has a high concentration of vitamins A and C, which boosts the immune system and protects the skin.
Just like most other plants, the easiest way to tell if a Santa Claus melon has gone bad is by observing its outer skin. A Santa Claus melon with green coloring, with spots that are dark or dirty or soft and sunken, and looks moldy is a sign of spoilage. When the insides become too soft and meaty and have a foul smell, it is a sign that the melon has gone bad.
Preserving the Santa Claus melon requires special considerations, as it is easily susceptible to damage and rot even during storage. Some of them include:
- Do not store together with vegetables that are sensitive to ethylene. This is because Santa Claus melons produce ethylene.
- Store in the warmest part of the refrigerator. Santa Claus melons are easily prone to damage caused by too cold an environment. This can affect their taste and make their flesh turn too soft.
- Store unused portions in air-tight containers and refrigerate for a few days. Ensure you do not freeze.
- Take out visibly damaged or moldy melons before storage.
- In storage, avoid stacking other products on the Santa Claus melon cases as this will crush the melons.