Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Ouzo Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to ouzo
Known as the national drink of Greece, ouzo is a distilled beverage. It has a European Union Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), which indicates that it must be produced in Greece to be considered ouzo. Similar liquors produced in Cyprus and other neighboring counties can't be labeled as ouzo.
Ouzo Near Me
Buy your favorite Ouzo online with Instacart. Order Ouzo from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about ouzo
Ready to take a sip? Follow these guidelines to get maximum enjoyment from your ouzo purchase:
- Drink it neat. Most Greeks drink ouzo served neat in a tall, narrow glass. Although ouzo often tastes best when it's on the cool side, don't add ice to your glass, or you'll risk creating crystals.
- Dilute it with some water. If you prefer a slightly more subdued flavor, you can dilute your ouzo with some cool or room-temperature water. It's natural for ouzo to appear a bit cloudy when you add water.
- Sip rather than shoot. Ouzo is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace. Resist the temptation to drink it quickly, and sip it slowly instead.
- Enjoy it with meze. Although you can enjoy ouzo on its own, it often tastes best with some light snacks or tapas-style dishes. Serve yours with some meze, such as small plates of octopus, clams, or mussels. Avoid serving it with dinner, which pairs best with wine, beer, or water.
Because anise and grape must are the two main ingredients in ouzo, this liquor is known for its potent licorice flavor. If you've never tried ouzo, it's similar to these distinctive liquors:
- Sambuca: A colorless Italian liqueur with a strong anise flavor that's usually enjoyed after a meal.
- Raki: An anise-flavored drink known as the national drink of Turkey and often enjoyed before a meal.
- Arak: A Lebanese or Armenian spirit that's flavored with anise and usually appears translucent or white.
- Pastis: A French anise liquor that's usually yellow or amber in color.
- Absinthe: An herbaceous spirit made with anise, sweet fennel, and other herbs.
Depending on where you live, you might have one or more options for purchasing ouzo. In many states, you can buy ouzo at:
- Wine and Liquor Shops: In most states, wine and liquor shops are the best places to buy ouzo. Here, you'll generally find the best alcohol selection.
- Warehouse Clubs: If your state allows warehouse clubs to sell liquor, then these bulk stores can be smart places to stock up on ouzo. Because they typically sell larger bottles, warehouse clubs are great places to shop for a party or special occasion.
Ordering ouzo via Instacart is similar to making other purchases with the app. However, when your shopper drops off your ouzo order, you will have to show ID to prove that you're at least 21 years old.
Whether you're planning to enjoy your ouzo neat or slightly diluted, shopping with Instacart can save you tons of time. Just add your preferred ouzo to your Instacart order and get convenient same-day delivery.