Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Barbados Cherries Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to Barbados cherries
Barbados Cherries Near Me
Buy your favorite Barbados Cherries online with Instacart. Order Barbados Cherries from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about Barbados cherries
Since Barbados cherries are high in ascorbic acid, they are an excellent source of vitamin C. Powder or juice from these cherries can be incorporated into vitamins and supplements as a natural source of vitamin C. A single cup of Barbados cherries only contains 31 calories and 8 grams of carbohydrates while providing the following nutrients:
- Dietary fiber: 1.1 grams (4% DV).
- Potassium: 143 mg (4% DV).
- Vitamin A: 15% DV.
- Vitamin C: 2740% DV.
- Magnesium: 4% DV.
Barbados cherries are highly perishable and may last only a few days after harvest. You can't expect to store fresh cherries for long. For short-term storage, wash them gently to avoid bruising and store them in the refrigerator at 45 degrees.
For long-term storage, you have three options:
- Juice the cherries and freeze the juice: You can freeze cherry puree to use for recipes in the future. Freezing the juice or puree in an ice cube tray will give you portioned amounts to use in smoothies or other recipes.
- Make cherry jam and can it: Keep in mind that the pasteurization process involved in canning may change the color from red to orange or yellow. Using enamel-lined cans can help reduce this effect.
- Freeze the cherries whole: Store frozen cherries at a temperature of 10 degrees. Freezing will preserve the cherries for longer, but the cherries may fall apart when thawed.