Lady Apples Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to Lady apples
About Lady apples
Apples have been a popular fruit for centuries. One of the most historic varieties is the Lady apple, which the Romans enjoyed as early as 700 BC. Over time farmers have grown more varieties of Lady apples, including the Pink Lady, Lady William, and Lady Alice, around the globe. Enjoy all these varieties of Lady apples fresh to your door in as little as 2 hours when you shop with Instacart!
The first Lady apples taste best cooked. You can enjoy newer Pink Lady, Lady Alice, and Lady William varieties raw or cooked in various savory and sweet dishes. Some ways you might enjoy Lady apples include:
- Sliced and stewed, then baked in an apple pie or apple crumble.
- Cut into thin batons and tossed through a slaw or savory salad.
- Diced and tossed through a fruit salad.
- Covered in toffee or caramel for a tasty dessert.
- Pureed and made into a sauce for pork.
- Hollowed out and baked, filled with a mix of nuts, dried fruits, and brown sugar.
- Cut up and stewed, then stirred through yogurt or porridge at breakfast.
- Grated and included in a mix for meatloaves and meat patties.
No matter how you enjoy them, Lady apples have many health benefits, including:
- Fiber for good digestive health reduces the risk of some health conditions, including diabetes, diverticular diseases, and obesity.
- Vitamin C for iron absorption, immune health, collagen production, and healthy bones, muscles, and blood vessels.
- Phytochemicals for brain health and reducing the risk of some cancers, cardiovascular disease, asthma, and diabetes.
- Antioxidants for cardiovascular health.
- Pectin to lower cholesterol levels.
- Quercetin to reduce inflammation and the risk of strokes.
Apples are available to enjoy all year round. Classic Lady apples are available throughout fall. Pink Lady apples are harvested locally for three to five weeks in late October to early November. By February, Lady Williams and Lady Alice are available. As many of these apples are native to Australia, Lady apples may also be imported when they're out of season in the United States.
Lady Apples Near Me
Buy your favorite lady apples online with Instacart. Order lady apples from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.