Chuck Steak Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to chuck steak
About chuck steak
Chuck steak is the cut of beef from a large section of the shoulder of the cow. Because this part of the cow gets a lot of exercise, it tends to have a lot of muscle, which can make the meat tough. Chuck steak has a lot of marbling and collagenous connective tissue, making it not only one of the best-tasting cuts but also less expensive than many of the more tender cuts. Chuck steak covers a large part of the shoulder and can be broken down into different cuts that include:
- Top blade: The shoulder top blade is also known as flat iron steak. It is a good grilling steak, with lots of marbling for flavor.
- Shoulder center: The shoulder center, also called a ranch steak, has less fat than other chuck steaks. Because it's leaner, it doesn't have as much flavor.
- Chuck-eye: The chuck-eye comes from the area right near the rib-eye. It's an excellent choice for grilling and only needs a little salt and pepper to enhance its flavor.
- Shoulder petite tender: Also called mock tender steak, this cut is next to the top blade. It has a good amount of flavor but often needs a marinade for grilling.
- Chuck 7-bone: This is the typical chuck steak. It contains parts of the shoulder bone, is about an inch thick, and has a rectangular shape.
The nutritional value of the chuck steak depends on the cut since it correlates directly with the meat's fat content. A typical 3-ounce serving of chuck eye steak has 235 calories and 17 grams of fat, while the same size shoulder petite tender has 135 calories and just 5 grams of fat.
Find chuck steak using the Instacart app to make getting dinner on the table easy and convenient. You can have the meat delivered in as little as 2 hours!
Chuck Steak Near Me
Buy your favorite chuck steak online with Instacart. Order chuck steak from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.