Instacart Announces Free Delivery and 2% Back for All Small Businesses Across North America That Join Instacart During Limited Time Offer
Offer Gives Offices, Restaurants and More New Ways to Save and Serve Their Customers with Free Instacart+
We know the demands on small businesses – especially offices and restaurants – have never been more acute as they navigate a new world of hybrid office schedules, persistent supply chain issues, labor shortages and much more. To help ease that burden, we introduced Instacart Business earlier this year, a custom business-centric offering designed to help small businesses get the items and quantities they need while avoiding disruptive last-minute runs to the store. And now, we’re taking it a step further: starting today, new businesses that create an Instacart Business account will receive 2% credit back on orders over $250 when they sign up for a complimentary year-long Instacart+ membership, which gives them free same-day delivery on orders over $35 and exclusive savings on every order.*
Since we launched Instacart Business in February, we’ve heard from small businesses across North America about the challenges involved with getting the right supplies to keep their businesses running smoothly, and we’ve designed Instacart Business to help. Legacy headwinds like costly order minimums and supplier-specific contracts now meet new challenges for business owners, like increased capacity planning and unpredictable visitor traffic. Offices are nearly 50% filled for the first time since the pandemic started, and 62% of restaurants surveyed by the National Restaurant Association say they remain understaffed. With Instacart Business, small businesses can access more than 1,200 retail banners across 80,000 stores and shop thousands of beloved brands, getting everything from printer paper to coffee to bananas delivered in as fast as an hour, either as a primary supplies solution or as an addendum solution to existing suppliers. Now, business owners never have to step away or send their staff out for time-consuming, last-minute runs to the store or worry about making costly predictions about the snacking habits of their in-office employees.
We’ve already established Instacart Business as a trusted partner to small businesses across North America, fulfilling millions of business orders each quarter** from a diverse range of companies, like Sugar Land, Texas’ Nirmanz Food Boutique and national coworking network Industrious.
“I looked at the Instacart app recently and I think it said we have saved some crazy amount of time, like 2,000 hours since we started using it. And I know that every one of those hours is an hour I would have personally spent driving around trying to track down the ingredients or supplies we needed,” said Shawn Parker, Co-Owner of Connie’s Chicken and Waffles. “Especially as we started to expand, there was just no way we could be making multiple store runs for multiple locations all day long. Honestly, there’s really no way we could have expanded without using Instacart.”
“Thousands of companies trust Industrious as their workplace partner, and Instacart helps us deliver the industry’s best workplace experience,” said Valerie Jaffee, Head of Member Experience, Industrious. “Providing daily food & beverage to our members is a core part of how we create exceptional workplaces that are worth the commute. Instacart makes it easy to deliver great food and beverage spreads in more than 50 cities.”
In addition to 2% credit back on orders over $250 and free same-day delivery for a year, business owners that sign up for Instacart Business will be able to seamlessly switch between their personal and business Instacart profiles, and enjoy a suite of features that empower them to save on costs, time, and resources:
- Thousands of business-friendly retailers: Businesses can search and shop more than 1.5 million unique products on Instacart, including bulk and value essentials from partners like Costco Business Center, Staples, Restaurant Depot, BJ’s Wholesale Club and Gordon Food Service.
- Sharable stock lists: Instacart Business customers can simplify their operations and reduce spend by gathering all of their business needs into a shopping list that can be shared with their team and ordered with a few taps.
- Easy re-ordering and auto-order capabilities: Teams can save themselves the headache of having to recreate past orders manually by adding all items from a previous order to their cart in just a few taps, and purchasers can use the simple Auto-Order feature for any items that they might need on a rolling basis.
- Flexible delivery options: Businesses can get the best of Instacart via flexible delivery options like same-day delivery for last-minute needs in as fast as 30 minutes, discounted no-rush delivery, and long distance delivery options to ensure they get the perfect supplies, right when they need them.
- Distributable business credits: Select business customers can distribute credits to teams and locations with category restrictions and monthly reporting. Businesses can indicate interest in participating in business credits when they join Instacart Business.
- Tax exemption benefits: In select states, eligible businesses like nonprofits, healthcare, and political organizations can save on eligible tax-exempt items by providing their valid tax exemption certificate. Business owners interested in applying for tax exemption for their business can join our waitlist when they join Instacart Business.
To take advantage of this limited time offer, businesses that are new to Instacart can get unlimited free delivery and 2% credit back for one year when they create an Instacart Business profile at www.instacart.com/business and sign-up for a complimentary year-long Instacart+ membership.
*Instacart+ Terms apply. With Instacart+, delivery fee will not be charged on orders over $35 per retailer and you’ll get lower service fees; delivery subject to availability. Fees, taxes, and/or tips may still apply. Membership auto-renews for $99/year, or under your existing Instacart+ membership terms, to payment method on file. Cancel anytime; you will only receive a refund if you cancel within 15 days of paid membership term and you have not placed any orders with Instacart+. Credit back on business orders over $250 and terms apply; excludes alcohol. Offer and benefits are only available to valid business entities who are first-time Instacart users and sign-up for a business account between 7/18/23 and 10/31/23, subject to verification. Instacart reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.. Offer may not be combined with other offers. Instacart is not a retailer or seller. Instacart and/or certain retailers, may not be available in all zip or post codes.
**Based on the number of orders placed with business credit cards each quarter in 2022.
Most Recent in Company Updates
Stock Up Your CART! A Letter from Instacart CEO Fidji Simo
It’s official: Instacart is a public company and began trading earlier this morning under the NASDAQ ticker symbol CART. At Instacart, we believe that the best companies help elevate entire ecosystems — creating more opportunities…...Sep 19, 2023
Improving Nutrition Security for Families with Instacart Health Fresh Funds
We believe that everyone should have access to food, but far too many people – more than one in 10 in the U.S. – face barriers that prevent them from getting the nourishment they need.1…...Sep 7, 2023
New Omnichannel and AI Solutions to Help Grocery Thrive
At Instacart, we’ve long believed that the future of grocery – and commerce in general – isn’t online or in-store. It’s both. And now more than ever, it’s being supercharged with AI. Omnichannel customers are…...Sep 7, 2023