Must be cooked thoroughly.
Baking directions: conventional oven:
Do not prepare in toaster oven.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove plastic wrapper from pie.
Set sugar pouch aside.
2. Bake pie on baking sheet in center of oven 55 to 65 minutes or until lattice top begins to turn golden brown.
3. Remove pie from oven on baking sheet.
Never lift pie pan by the edges.
Sprinkle sugar onto pie as desired.
4. Bake pie an additional 5 minutes.
Handle carefully; it's hot!
5. Check that pie is cooked thoroughly to 165 degrees F.
6. Let cool.
Pie will slice and serve most easily when cooled at least 2 hours.
For food safety and quality:
Do not thaw.
Ovens vary. Adjust cooking times as needed.
Pie must be cooked thoroughly. Read and follow these cooking directions.
Marie's baking tips:
Our pies are filled with luscious, ripe fruit' some juices may bubble over while baking. Cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
To give your lattice crust an even more beautiful, flaky appearance, brush on a beaten egg before baking (avoid brushing egg on the pattern around the pie's edge).
If edges of pie begin to brown excessively, cover edges with a strip of aluminum foil and continue baking.