Refunds and cancellations are subject to certain conditions. Please read carefully to understand our policies.
To request a refund due to order issues, you must make your request within 7 days of delivery.
Please let us know as soon as possible if your order—
- Is missing items that you were charged for on the final receipt
- Contains damaged, spoiled, or otherwise unusable items
Refunds are processed immediately, but it may take 5-10 business days to see the funds in your bank or credit card account, depending on your bank. You won't see refunds in your Instacart account.
You can see any Instacart credits in the Credits, promos & gift cards section of your Instacart account. Credits will automatically apply during checkout on your next order.
The return will be subject to the store’s return policies, which vary by retailer.
Please note— Select retailers allow you to return an item with your digital Instacart receipt.
Cancelling an order
You can cancel an order for a full refund without any additional fees before a shopper begins shopping.
On the website—
- At the top right, click either Account or Hi, [Your Name]
- Click Your Orders
- Click View order detail on the relevant order
- Click Manage Order, then Cancel my order
On the app—
- Tap View account in the upper left-hand corner
- Tap Your Orders
- Select the order you want to cancel
- On the order page, scroll down to Manage order
- Tap Cancel this order
If you cancel an order during the shopping or delivery process, you may be charged a cancellation fee up to $15. To cancel after shopping has begun, reach out to Instacart Care by selecting Contact Us at the bottom of any article in the Help Center.