keep frozen until ready to use.
heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°f.
in the skillet (recommended method)
1) place frozen crumbles from one entire bag in skillet.
2) add 1/3 cup of water and cover skillet with a lid.
3) heat over medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
4) reduce heat to medium. let heat an additional 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) remove lid and simmer to desired consistency, stirring constantly.
6) product is hot. carefully remove from skillet.
7) cool briefly before serving or adding to your favorite recipe.
in the microwave*
1) place frozen crumbles from one entire bag in a microwave safe bowl.
2) add 1/3 cup of water.
3) cover with a paper napkin.
4) microwave on high setting for 5 minutes stirring halfway through heating time.
5) let stand 1 minute in microwave to complete heating.
* heating instructions developed using 1100 watt microwave. microwave ovens vary. times given are approximate.
caution: never leave cooking appliance unattended while in use.