Basic cooking directions: rinse thoroughly in a sieve under cold running water before cooking.
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a heavy 2-3 quart sauce pan.
2. Stir in 1 cup rice (add 1 tbsp butter or margarine and 1 tsp salt if desired).
3. Cover and turn down to gentle simmer for 10 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Turn off heat and allow to stand, still covered, for 5 minutes. Fluffy with fork before serving.
1. In a microwave safe casserole dish, combine the following:
a. 1 cup rice.
b. 2 cups water.
c. 1 Tbsp butter or margarine and 1 tsp of salt (if desired).
2. Cover and microwave on high 5 minutes. Reduce to 50% power for another 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.