Instacart offers prescription delivery from participating Costco pharmacies in the United States except in Arkansas, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, New Hampshire, North Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Some states require customer signatures when delivering prescriptions.
- Switch your prescription to a participating Costco
- Tap the link in the text message you’ll receive from the participating pharmacy
- Add groceries and other household essentials to your order
- Log in to your account or create one
- Choose a delivery time and receive your prescription as fast as same day
Instacart does not send prescription-related text messages to customers. Please contact your participating pharmacy for text message questions or issues.
Your Instacart shopper is required to scan your ID when delivering your prescription. In addition, some states require the shopper to get a signature from the customer.
Note: To promote social distancing and ensure the safety of shoppers and customers, we temporarily removed the signature requirement.
To maintain social distancing, your shopper will scan it from a safe distance. Please hold out your ID so they can scan and confirm the recipient is legally able to accept the order.
Instacart does not allow prescriptions to be left unattended. Someone 18 or over must be present to receive the order.
Adding more prescriptions
At this time, prescriptions cannot be added to the order once it has been placed.
You can use the following payment methods for prescription orders—
- Credit or debit card— Input your credit card information during checkout on the Instacart platform
- FSA or HSA card— Input your FSA or HSA card information during checkout on the Instacart platform
A credit or debit card is needed for any groceries you order. Your FSA or HSA card only covers the cost of your prescription(s).
Seeing an authorization hold on your bank account? Learn more about temporary authorization holds.
Cancel or reschedule prescription orders
You can cancel your prescription order before it gets assigned to a shopper. Contact Instacart Care through the app or website if the order is already assigned.