Emerging Brands to Watch: 75 of the Fastest-Growing Brands on Instacart This Year
In 2023, the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry faced another demanding year. Between economic shifts and ever-changing consumer shopping behaviors, many brands found themselves navigating a more challenging landscape and working hard to connect with their customers.
This is especially true for the smaller, up-and-coming brands working to break into a crowded industry, find the right audience, improve brand awareness, and grow their retail distribution.
At Instacart, we get it; grocery and CPG can be tough businesses. That’s why we’re proud to work with so many emerging brands that are leveraging innovation, creativity, and technology to navigate the headwinds and become consumer favorites in shopping baskets across North America.
With a presence across more than 80,000 retail partner stores, we believe Instacart has one of the best platforms to help emerging brands grow, help our retail partners stock their shelves, and help consumers discover new brands and products they’ll love. In a recent survey of Instacart customers, nearly half reported discovering a new brand on Instacart in the past 3 months. Nearly 80% of those customers purchased that brand during their shopping journey1.
This is why we want to celebrate some of the incredible brands that stood out in 2023. In the spirit of finding new favorites, getting inspired, and supporting small businesses this holiday season, this list is designed to showcase 75 of the fastest-growing emerging brands on Instacart this year2.
Join us in discovering all 75 emerging brands here, and shop them on Instacart through your favorite retailers.
Over the last few years, we’ve been working with emerging brands to design flexible, accessible, and affordable tools to amplify their products on Instacart.
- Most recently, Instacart announced new digital sell sheets, enabling emerging brands on the platform to easily showcase the best of their product catalog to Instacart’s network of over 1,400 retail banner partners.
- With Brand Explorer, Instacart’s retail partners can now easily search and discover these sell sheets, connecting with up-and-coming brands directly in the Instacart Platform Portal. This enables retailers to make smarter decisions when looking for new products to stock their shelves, better serving their customers while helping emerging brands grow in-store distribution.
- Earlier this year, Instacart announced a new integration enabling growing brands using Shopify to easily connect to Instacart Ads products and insights.
- And in Instacart’s self-service Ads Manager, brands can easily create ad campaigns by choosing an objective, like reach, engage, or maximize sales, to get recommendations to help them achieve their specific goals.
To learn more about how Instacart works with emerging brands, visit https://www.instacart.com/company/ads/smb.
- Based on a survey of Instacart customers in Q3 2023. ↩︎
- Instacart is proud to work with many innovative, fast-growing emerging CPG brands. This list was calculated based on Instacart’s sales velocity growth metric, which is one way to discover some of the fastest-growing brands on the platform – but certainly not the only way to measure success on Instacart. This analysis is based on YoY sales velocity growth and limited to certain brands based on age, sales, distribution, and advertising investment threshold. YoY sales velocity growth is calculated by: (Q1 to Q3 2023 Sales per Instacart Weighted Distribution / Q1 to Q3 2022 Sales per Instacart Weighted Distribution)-1. Please visit our blog to learn more about measuring distribution and velocity on Instacart. ↩︎
Most Recent in Company Updates
OLIPOP Wins Category Share, New Customers, Grows Sales with Dry January Campaign
OLIPOP is a new kind of soda crafted with only 2-5 grams of sugar and includes fiber, prebiotics and botanicals to support digestive health in 15 delicious flavors. Their success in 2023 landed them on…...Feb 22, 2024
Chomps Outpaces Category Growth on Instacart
Chomps is a family-owned business that creates simple, delicious snacks made from the highest quality, sustainably sourced proteins and no hidden, harmful ingredients. We previously wrote about their success driving triple-digit growth sales on Instacart,…...Feb 20, 2024
Teaming up with the American Cancer Society to deliver groceries to families in need
At Instacart, we understand that access to proper nutrition and fresh food is more than just a cornerstone of health, it's a vital source of comfort and stability, especially for families facing extraordinary challenges. That’s…...Feb 16, 2024