Streamlining and Updating the Shopper App
From the moment you open the Instacart Shopper app, we want to make it easy for you to find batches and start earning. That’s why today we’re introducing several new features that will make the app easier to navigate and help you find the batches you want to shop.
Find the batches you want to shop
With more information on the map, you have everything you need to decide when and where to shop.
- Map Details: The new map will show where you’re located and what retail locations are nearby. Find helpful store information, which stores are busiest, and more to help you understand where you want to shop.
- Busy Stores: Colored circles on the map will indicate busy stores, letting you know where to go to find available batches. As we recently shared, in the coming months, shoppers who are closer to the store location can expect to see the most batches. Now, you can see which locations have the highest customer demand, so you can minimize driving and maximize earnings.
- Go Online: Ready to shop? Go online to start being offered available batches. When you’re done shopping, simply swipe to go offline. You can go back online at any time. When you’re not online, you can still use the Shopper app to check your earnings, visit the help center, or find other useful information in the app.
Streamlining the Shopper app
We’ve updated and simplified the Shopper app, making it easier to navigate and start shopping.
- Map-First View: You’ll see the map as soon as you open your app, so you can check out nearby stores or start shopping with just a tap. If you’re looking for information that was previously on your dashboard, like profile or ratings, you can use one of the tabs at the bottom of your app to quickly find what you need.
- Store Information: Find relevant store details at a glance like address, approximate distance, and opening and closing times. The navigation arrow will open your default map application to show directions to the store, helping you get to where you’re going.
- Simpler Navigation: We’ve moved the app navigation to five tabs along the bottom of the Shopper app. You can quickly switch between the home screen, earnings and ratings, inbox messages, or account details — all of the most helpful information is right at your fingertips.
We look forward to continuing to enhance the app and your overall shopping experience over time. Thank you for shopping with us!
You may also like...
Introducing New Daily Summary
We’re introducing a new personalized summary, offering a helpful overview of the shopping services you provide with Instacart each day. Within your daily summary, you’ll see your earnings, customer compliments and feedback, and details around…...Sep 24, 2021
24/7 Delivery Now Available
As we work to offer more batches for shoppers — and more choices for customers — we’re introducing 24/7 delivery, unlocking the ability to shop anytime is best for you. 24/7 delivery will be available…...Sep 14, 2021
10 Items or Less: Lean on Your Fellow Shoppers
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Aug 31, 2021