Simplified Returns + 3 More New Features For Smooth Shopping
We’re excited to announce some new features that will help make your batch smoother than ever, as part of our commitment to support you while you shop, and beyond. Based on feedback from shoppers, we heard that there are some shopping challenges that could be improved in the app, and today we’re here to deliver solutions. This includes a simpler approach to returns and reimbursements, along with 2 other new features to help you stay organized while you shop. Together, they can help you save time and make your next batch even more seamless.
Complete returns directly in the app (All states excluding California)
Shoppers have told us that managing returns can be time consuming and complicated, so we’ve simplified returns with a new way for you to process them in the app without having to contact the Care team. You can enjoy this new experience for batches that have at least 1 alcohol or Rx item. This will be available for a portion of shoppers starting in October, with a full rollout in November.
How it works:
- If a customer doesn’t pass ID verification or is unreachable, you’ll have a new way to begin a return in the shopper app.
- On the Batch evaluation screen, the returns order will show up with details on which store to return items to. Accept the batch and you’ll be guided, step-by-step, on how to get to the store and make the return.
- At the store, head to the customer service desk and let them know you’re returning an undeliverable Instacart item. Follow prompts in the app to complete the return. Once done, the order will be marked as complete and you’ll receive payment.
Please note that as always, completing a return for an alcohol or Rx item is legally mandated. If the return is not completed within 48 hours, you will stop receiving new batches. If you encounter issues with the return batch, follow instructions in the app or reach out to the Care team for help.
Save more time with streamlined reimbursements
Sometimes you may pay for an order with your personal card and need to have the cost reimbursed. We’re making a few updates to this process so that it goes a lot smoother.
How it works:
- When your order needs a reimbursement, you’ll receive an automatic push notification to start the process.
- If you choose to come back to a reimbursement later, you’ll be able to select from a short list of batches known to need a reimbursement. No more searching through your batches!
- After selecting a batch, the app will automatically attach receipts you previously uploaded when it was completed. If you need to attach additional receipts, you can do so in this step.
- After submitting, you’ll see the processing status at the top of each reimbursement, and receive a notification once the reimbursement is approved.
More tools to help you stay organized
When shopping a multi-order batch, there’s an extra challenge to keep items organized by order. These 2 new features can help.
Know when you have to move an item
The Move Item feature notifies you if an item has been placed in the wrong order. (Available at Wegmans, Publix and Schnucks)
How it works:
- After checking out, the app will check if all items match the customer’s order. If it detects items placed in the wrong order, you’ll receive notifications to move them to the right one before completing delivery.
- Once all items have been corrected, you’ll be able to continue with delivery.
Filter items by customer
Shopping List Filters makes it easy to filter your shopping list and identify which items are connected to a specific order.
How it works:
- At the top of your shopping list, you’ll see filters that correspond to a customer’s order.
- Tap any filter to quickly see all items for a specific order.
- Filters can be used across all 3 subsections of the shopping list, making it easy to find something you need to review or complete for an order.
We hope these features will help make shopping more seamless, and we’ll continue to optimize and expand them to more shoppers and retailers over time. Stay tuned for more updates!
Most Recent in Shopper Community
10 Items or Less: Never Be Afraid to Ask for Help
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Nov 18, 2022
New Updates to Simplify Your Shopping Experience
In our recent renewed commitment to shoppers, we made a commitment to give shoppers support while you shop and beyond. Today, we’re furthering that commitment with a suite of new features that will simplify and…...Nov 9, 2022
10 Items or Less: Do Your Best for Your Customers
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Oct 18, 2022