10 Items or Less: Shopping Across the States
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
- What’s your name and where are you from? My name is Melissa, and I’m from Whittier, CA.
- How long have you been shopping with Instacart? I’ve been a full-service shopper for 3 1/2 years.
- Why did you decide to start shopping with Instacart? I started in March 2020 when the pandemic started to help people get their groceries during stay-at-home orders.
- What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart? The flexibility to shop in any state I am in.
- What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart? Noosa yogurt, chicken, and dog treats.
- What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you? I am a dual resident of California and Arizona, and I shop with Instacart about 50/50 of the month between both states. I love to be on the road so much that I drive 5,000 miles a month. I integrate Instacart into my day no matter what city I’m in, whether it’s Phoenix, Palm Springs, Temecula, San Diego, Orange County, or Los Angeles.
- What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)? Before I check out, I ask my customers if there is anything else they need. Also, I always text them “I am here” when I arrive to deliver.
- Do you have any relationships you’ve made while shopping with Instacart? Yes, a few of the grocery store employees have become my friends.
- What’s your most used emoji? 👍
- What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to our shopper community?? When shopping for the customer, shop as if you are shopping for yourself.
Most Recent in Shopper Community
Changes to Instacart in Seattle
In 2023, the Seattle City Council passed a new law that impacts how Instacart operates in Seattle. Due to these new regulations, we’re making several changes that will go into effect as of January 13,…...Jan 12, 2024
Changes to customer ratings
Dedrick - 3071 deliveries We know that shoppers do their best on each batch to deliver great service. However, you’ve told us that it can be frustrating if a customer provides a low rating based…...Nov 15, 2023
Introducing Updates to Our Ratings System
It’s incredibly important to us that our shopper ratings system is as fair and straightforward as possible. Not only do ratings allow you to receive real-time feedback from your customers, but maintaining an average rating…...Nov 15, 2023