10 Items or Less: Do Your Best for Your Customers
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
- What’s your name and where are you from? My name is Carey, and I am from Burlingame, California.
- How long have you been shopping with Instacart, and in what roles? I started shopping as a full-service shopper in November 2020.
- Why did you decide to start shopping with Instacart? I wanted a way to make some extra money, with flexibility to work when my schedule allows.
- What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart? I love shopping for people. To know that I am helping them out in this small way is rewarding to me.
- What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart? Avocado, organic fruits and veggies, and kombucha.
- What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you? I love to play the handbells!
- What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)? Shop like you are shopping for yourselves. Always pick the freshest and best produce, and tell your customer when something doesn’t look great. Communicate, communicate, communicate!
- What’s your “side dish” — a hobby, a hidden talent, another job you do on the side? Shopping with Instacart is my “side job.” When I’m not shopping, I prepare taxes.
- What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to the shopper community? Always try to communicate, by phone or by text if you need to replace, or if something doesn’t look good. I have noticed some people don’t get texts that we send. If it doesn’t say “read” on the bottom of the text, your customer likely hasn’t seen it. In this case, I will call. People often really like a phone call because it shows them you care about their order. I have had several customers say that I was the first shopper that ever called them.
- Anything else you want to share with the shopper community? Do your best for your customers. Remember, it’s about them!
Most Recent in Shopper Community
10 Items or Less: Never Be Afraid to Ask for Help
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Nov 18, 2022
New Updates to Simplify Your Shopping Experience
In our recent renewed commitment to shoppers, we made a commitment to give shoppers support while you shop and beyond. Today, we’re furthering that commitment with a suite of new features that will simplify and…...Nov 9, 2022
Simplified Returns + 3 More New Features For Smooth Shopping
We’re excited to announce some new features that will help make your batch smoother than ever, as part of our commitment to support you while you shop, and beyond. Based on feedback from shoppers, we…...Nov 9, 2022