10 Items or Less: Shopping With Care
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
1. What’s your name and where are you from?
Reanne, and I’m from Turlock, California.
2. How long have you been working with Instacart, and in what roles?
I’ve been a full-service shopper since November 2018.
3. When and why did you decide to start working with Instacart?
I started shopping with Instacart to help bring in more money for my family. I’m a single mother of 4 and one job just wasn’t cutting it. Since starting shopping with Instacart, I no longer live paycheck to paycheck.
4. What’s your favorite thing about working with Instacart?
I get to meet lots of new people, and have a very flexible schedule.
5. What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart?
The top three items that are always in my personal basket are chicken, cheese, and veggies.
6. What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you?
I love to draw and do all types of art projects.
7. What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)?
Communication! It’s so important to communicate with your customers and pay attention to their notes.
8. Do you have any relationships you’ve made while working with Instacart?
Yes, I’ve made many friends with other Instacart shoppers, cashiers and even my regular customers.
9. What’s your “side dish” — a hobby, a hidden talent, another job you do on the side?
I love to bake and decorate cakes — it’s a great way to relax. I also have another job in addition to shopping with Instacart! I work retail in a grocery store, stocking freight.
10. What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to our shopper community?
Pay attention. Being quick isn’t always the top priority. Make sure the produce is exceptional, and you handle everything with care. Nobody wants groceries that look like they were just thrown around.
You may also like...
Excited to Join the Instacart Family
To our shopper community, This is my first official week as the newly-appointed CEO of Instacart. I’m incredibly excited to get started, and I’ve been spending the past couple of weeks introducing myself to the…...Aug 2, 2021
10 Items or Less: Shop With Love
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Jul 30, 2021
Streamlining and Updating the Shopper App
From the moment you open the Instacart Shopper app, we want to make it easy for you to find batches and start earning. That’s why today we’re introducing several new features that will make the…...Jul 12, 2021