Cocktail: Red Hot Chili Collinsby Bi-Rite Market
- 1.0 Smooth Ambler Spirits Old Scout 7 Yr. Bourbon750 ml
- 1.0 Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur750 ml
- 1.0 Sustainably Grown Blood Orangelb
- 2.0 Organic Limeseach
- 1.0 Crystal Geyser Sparkling Mineral Water
- 1.0 C&H Pure Cane Granulated White Sugar
Our friend Josh Harris of The Bon Vivants and Trick Dog crafted this recipe to celebrate Bi-Rite's California Citrus Experience.
- 1.5 oz Smooth Ambler 7 Year Bourbon
- 0.75 oz Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur
- 0.75 oz freshly-squeezed blood orange juice
- 0.75 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 0.5 oz rich simple syrup (2 parts sugar: 1 part water.
- Combine and bring to a boil until sugar has dissolved)
- Top with sparkling water
Combine all ingredients except sparkling water in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, shake, and double strain into a tall glass over ice. Top with sparkling water. Garnish with mint and a blood orange slice. FUN FACT: Use Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur as a substitute for Cointreau or triple sec in a spicy margarita. Or, enjoy it on the rocks with chips and guacamole!