Erin’s (Summer) Black Bean Enchiladas with Roasted Vegetables
adapted from The Easy Vegetarian Kitchen, learn more: http://bit.ly/1IdR4iy
1. Start by making the roasted vegetables: preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, tossing so the oil coats the vegetables.
2. Spread the vegetables in a roasting pan and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the zucchini is fork-tender. Remove the vegetables from the oven and dial the heat down to 375 degrees F.
3. Make the sauce: heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a medium saucepan. Stir in the onion and jalapeño and cook for another 7-8 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
4. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients, bring to a boil, then dial down to a simmer and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or so. You may want to use a hand blender to puree the sauce at this point (I wanted a smoother sauce).
5. Transfer the roasted vegetables to a bowl, add the black beans, and toss to coat.
6. Spread half of the sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch baking dish or pan. Spoon about a 1/4 cup of filling into a tortilla, roll into a tube, and place it seam-side down in the pan (on top of the sauce). Continue filling the tortillas and nestling them next to each other, until you’ve filled the pan. Top with the rest of the sauce and sprinkle generously with cheese.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is golden. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve warm.