Bread flour is unbleached flour made from a special blend of wheat higher in protein than the wheat used in all-purpose flour. Protein produces gluten, which gives the desired loftiness or chewiness required in products like bread and pizza crust. Gold Medal Better for Bread absorbs greater quantities of water and has a more elastic dough-handling quality than all-purpose flour. It also produces better volume and crumb structure in bread. It is especially useful as a component in rye, barley and other mixed-grain breads where the added lift of the bread flour is necessary to boost the other grains.
• BREAD FLOUR: Gold Medal Bread Flour is great for nearly everything. Because t doesn’t add color, it’s especially ideal for baking white breads and cakes
• MULTI-USE: Strong enough to take high-rising yeast breads to new heights. And mellow enough to make your family’s favorite pie crust recipe a flaky perfection
• ALL PURPOSE: Gold Medal All Purpose Flour is our most versatile flour for any recipe that simply calls for “flour"
• PANTRY PERFECT: Stock your pantry with Gold Medal flour for all your last minute baking needs
• CONTAINS: 10 lbs
• Strong enough to take high-rising yeast breads to new heights. And mellow enough to make your family?s favorite pie crust recipe a flaky perfection