• If crust is cracked, thaw crust, then firmly press edges of cracks together with moistened fingertips: firmly press fork in criss-cross fashion over repaired area.
• If edge of crust begins to brown excessively, cover with a strip of aluminum foil and continue baking.
• If crust puffs during baking, prick with a fork and gently flatten.
• For a crisper crust, preheat baking sheet in oven; cool finished pie on baking sheet.
• For best results, fill pie shell with 3-1/2–4 cups filling.
• To avoid spilling, leave baked pie on cookie/baking sheet when removing from oven.
• Keep frozen until ready to use. To mend a cracked crust: thaw, moisten edges of crack and press together.