Basil and Asparagus Soupby Mat & Kitchen
- 1.0 Local Basil1 oz
- 1.0 Pure Pacific Organic Romain Hearts3 ct
- 1.0 California Olive Ranch ® Destination Series Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil25.4 fl oz
- 1.0 Thai Kitchen® Organic Gluten Free Lite Coconut Milk13.66 fl oz
This soup is beyond simple to prepare. Make multiple servings to save or for your week. It's comforting and warming in the cooler months and are packed with nutrients that cultivate a healthy body inside and out.
- • 2 cups fresh basil
- • 1 1/2 Bone broth or any stock you prefer
- • 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1/3 cup coconut meal
- • 1/4 coconut milk
- • fresh pepper to taste
- • pink salt to taste
Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the olive oil, asparagus, pink salt and pepper. Saute for approximately 4 minutes. In a blender or food processor, add coconut meal or flakes, coconut milk, chicken stock, basil and asparagus. Blend until smooth. If you have a Vitamix, set it for 6:30 and it heats/warms it all in the blender. If you are working with another blender, transfer out to a pan on the stove to a low heat to warm and then serve. Garnish with basil leaves and coconut flakes!