Save time and money by making your own Frappuccinos at home. As a bonus, they are much healthier than the store-bought version!
This recipe originally appeared on www.acleanbake.com
- 1 large overripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2-3 large soft (medjool) dates, or to taste, pitted
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, at room temperature or chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A few drops of liquid Stevia (to taste; you can replace with any liquid sweetener)
- 2-4 water or coffee ice cubes (optional)
In a blender, puree the banana, almond milk and dates until smooth. Make sure no large chunks of date remain.
Add coffee, vanilla and stevia and mix to combine. Add ice cubes if using, and blend just until crushed.
Yield: Makes 1 smoothie