After placing your order, you can select replacement items if the item you want is out of stock. Items may be out of stock. When this happens, you have 3 options—
- Find Best Match: Your shopper selects the best possible replacement. This is the default option for when items aren’t available.
- Pick Specific Replacement: To select your own replacement, tap or click on the item, then select Pick Specific Replacement. You can search the catalog or choose a replacement from a list of suggestions.
- Don’t Replace: If you prefer not to replace an item, choose Don’t Replace to get a refund instead.
For steps on how to replace items in the Instacart app or on our website, go to Adding instructions for specific items, replacements, or delivery.
To avoid charges on your credit or debit card, replacements for EBT SNAP items must be—
- EBT SNAP-eligible
- Equal to or less than the value of the original item
If the replacement costs more, the difference is charged to the credit or debit card you added at checkout. When searching for replacement items, look for EBT under the price of each item to know if it is EBT SNAP-eligible.
Adding items after checkout
If you add any items to an in-progress order, it automatically charges to the credit or debit card you entered at checkout or that you have on file. If the item is EBT SNAP-eligible, you can change this charge to your EBT card after adding the item to your cart.
You can adjust charges on your EBT card up until you’ve received your order.
To change how you’re charged for EBT SNAP-eligible items after checkout in the Instacart app—
- Tap More in the upper right.
- Tap Adjust totals.
- Tap Charge more to EBT.
- Enter the amount you want to charge to your EBT card. Then tap Charge more to EBT.
- Enter your EBT pin and tap Submit.
To change how you’re charged for EBT SNAP-eligible items after checkout on the website—
- Click Manage order then Charge more to EBT.
- Enter the amount you want to charge to your EBT card. Then click Charge more to EBT.
- Enter your EBT pin and click Submit.
- At the bottom of your receipt, you can see a payment split breakdown of how much is charged to your credit or debit card and EBT card.
If you can't see the Charge more to EBT option, make sure you have the latest version of the Instacart app.