Customers in the U.S. can pay for online orders with a valid EBT card, in full or in part, from participating Aldi, Food Lion, and Publix stores in select states. For a full list of states, check out our SNAP via EBT card article. We plan to expand the number of states and retailers accepting online EBT payments on the Instacart platform.
If you don’t see EBT SNAP as an option for your local Aldi, Food Lion, or Publix store, make sure you have the latest version of the Instacart app. If you still can’t see EBT SNAP, check back often as we continue to expand to more stores.
There are a few ways for you to see which items are EBT SNAP eligible.
You can allow EBT SNAP-eligible items to display when you shop. To enable this setting—
- Click or tap Account
- Select Your account settings
- Select SNAP EBT info
- Tap the slider to turn on Show EBT eligibility by item
When searching for items you can add a filter by tapping Explore > EBT Eligibility and selecting Only EBT-eligible items to see only EBT-eligible items.
If you are browsing items from the Store Homepage, tap or click on a specific item to see if it is EBT SNAP eligible. If it is eligible, it will say EBT above the price of the item.
You can confirm which items are EBT SNAP-eligible in your cart before checking out. It will say EBT under the name of each item that qualifies.
List of EBT SNAP-eligible items
With an EBT card, you can buy the following items—
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products
- Breads and cereals
- Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants, which produce food for the household to eat
An EBT card can't buy the following items—
- Alcoholic beverages such as:
- Cigarettes and tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements
- If an item has a Supplement Facts label, it is considered a supplement and is not eligible for EBT SNAP purchases.
- Live animals (except shellfish, fish removed from water, and animals slaughtered prior to pick-up from the store).
- Prepared foods fit for immediate consumption
- Hot foods
- Any nonfood items such as:
- Pet foods
- Cleaning supplies
- Paper products
- Other household supplies
- Hygiene items