Instacart Launches New Gifts Hub This Holiday Shopping Season
New Shopping & Enhanced Delivery Experience Makes It Easy to ‘Skip the Ship’ and Shop for Last-Minute Holiday Gifts
This year’s holiday shopping season has arrived, but finding and sending the perfect gift doesn’t have to be stressful. According to a recent Instacart survey among more than 2,000 U.S. adults conducted online by The Harris Poll, nearly half of Americans (48%) plan to complete their holiday shopping in the next two weeks (Dec. 15-22). In addition, almost half of Americans (46%) are concerned about holiday gifts not arriving on time due to supply chain issues and shipping delays. Whether you’re waiting until the eleventh hour to complete your gift shopping or you’re hoping to ‘skip the ship’ and avoid this year’s shipping delays, Instacart has you covered with a new Gifts Hub destination and enhanced delivery experience via the Instacart App. Shopping through the Gifts Hub makes holiday buying for a range of gifts simple, fast, and festive with delivery in as fast as an hour to your loved ones.
Instacart’s Gifts Hub features a wide selection of beloved retailers — from Sephora and Best Buy to Dick’s Sporting Goods and The Container Store, and plenty more in between — making it easy for customers to shop for everyone on their list. To start, holiday shoppers can visit instacart.com or open the Instacart App, enter their giftee’s address, and then tap the “Gifts” icon at the top of the home screen. From there, they can browse all of the retailers in their recipient’s area and shop for gifts spanning beauty and self-care products, home and kitchen accessories, electronics, toys and sporting goods, premium grocery items and beverages, and so much more.
Once customers make their gift selection and begin the checkout process, they can select the “Make it a gift” option, which will prompt them to enter their giftee’s name and phone number, select a festive digital card image, and add a special message. Once the order is placed, Instacart will send a gift notification to the recipient so they can view the special message and track the gift’s arrival to their doorstep in as fast as an hour.*
Here’s a holiday shopping guide featuring some of our favorite gift ideas and retailers for the special people in your life:
- Beauty & Makeup Mavens — From Sephora’s incredible selection of makeup and skincare products to all of the self-care goodies from The Body Shop, we have gifts galore for the beauty lovers on your list.
- Gadget Gurus — Between Best Buy, Staples, and Costco, there’s a wide selection of electronics and gadgets you can gift — including select laptops, TVs, headphones, tablets, gaming, smartwatches, streaming media players, and more.
- Holiday Hosts — Send a bottle of bubbles from BevMo! or Total Wine & More, a crave-worthy kitchen gift from The Container Store, or a specialty olive oil from Sprouts Farmers Market to the person in your life who loves entertaining and welcoming guests.
- Sport Seekers — Perfect for the athlete or nature lover in your life, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Sports Basement have everything from athletic apparel and sporting equipment to lawn games, camping gear, and at-home gym equipment.
- Kiddos (On the Nice List) — Is it even the holidays without toys and gifts for the little ones?! With retailers like Michaels, Mastermind Toys, buybuy Baby, and Big Lots!, Instacart will help Santa so he doesn’t miss a beat.
According to our survey, one-third of Americans (33%) have spent or will spend less on holiday gifts compared to last year due to rising costs. With budgeting top of mind for so many people this holiday season, Instacart’s Gifts Hub also includes several affordable options, including Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, the 99 Cents Only Store, Five Below and others offering great deals and prices on home essentials, candles, bath and body products, toys, art supplies, and so much more.
If you’re not sure what to send a loved one for the holidays, you can also surprise them with an Instacart gift card, which enables Express membership gifting or shopping through Instacart for a variety of gift-worthy goods.
Happy holiday shopping! 🎁
*Any giftees receiving alcohol will need to be present for delivery to verify they’re 21 years of age or older.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by The Harris Poll on behalf of Instacart from December 7-9, 2021, among 2,035 adults ages 18+. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables and subgroup sample sizes, please contact [email protected].
Most Recent in Company Updates
A Hot Take on America’s Favorite Hot Sauces 🌶
One thing is certain when it comes to Americans’ food preferences — everything is better with hot sauce. From sandwiches and burritos to soups and eggs, these foods and many more in between are arguably…...Jan 18, 2022
Inspiring Customers to ‘Break up With Takeout’ With the National Launch of Ready Meals
Today we’re launching Ready Meals: fresh, healthy and cost-effective alternatives to restaurant takeout from customers’ favorite grocers. With Ready Meals, consumers nationwide can now take a break from cooking and instead get fresh, ready-made meals…...Jan 13, 2022
Expanding Our EBT SNAP Offering & Celebrating a Year of Increasing Food Access
At Instacart, our mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. One year ago, we introduced Electronic Benefits Transfer and Supplemental…...Dec 15, 2021