State of Pay Update
Yesterday we made several significant updates as it relates to shopper earnings. Today, we sent the following email to all full service shoppers with detailed information on each new element of shopper earnings.
Over the coming weeks, shoppers will be able to see the updates in the Shopper app. As always, we encourage shoppers to reach out to Shopper Support for any questions.
We want to sincerely thank you for being valuable members of our community.
Yesterday we shared changes to our earnings approach to more fairly and competitively pay all Shoppers. We want to provide you with more information about what to expect and when.
When will the changes to earnings go into effect?
On Tuesday, February 19, the Shopper app will be updated to always show Instacart’s contribution separate from the customer tip. As part of this update, we are replacing the $10 minimum (inclusive of tips) with new guarantees from Instacart. Instacart’s minimum Batch Payment will increase from $3 to $7–10 for full service batches and $5 for delivery only batches.
- The Batch Payment is a combination of the Batch Incentive and Delivery Distance ($0.60 per mile).
- After you complete a batch, you will see the Batch Payment as a line item on the batch summary screen. Any applicable Peak Boost or Quality Bonus will appear as additional payments from Instacart.
- The full service minimum will vary by zone. Starting Tuesday, February 19, you will be able to view your zone’s Batch Payment minimum in the Shopper app.
- Please keep your Shopper app updated to see these changes as we roll them out.
When will I get retroactive payment and how is it calculated?
On Friday, February 22, Shoppers will be able to view a one-time payment for any batches in which Instacart’s payment was below the prior $10 minimum.
- This payment is for all applicable batches completed since the prior minimum was introduced in your area (as early as October 25, 2018) through February 18, 2019.
- We will identify all cases where Instacart’s Batch Payment (Batch Incentive + Delivery Distance) was below $10. In each of those cases, we will retroactively pay shoppers to ensure they received $10 in Batch Payment from Instacart.
- This total payment will be reflected under the Earnings section in the Shopper app. As always, earnings will be processed the following week.
- Any shoppers receiving a payment will be notified by email on Friday, February 22.
Thank you for your feedback and continued dedication.
The Instacart Team
Most Recent in Shopper Community
10 Items or Less: Never Be Afraid to Ask for Help
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Nov 18, 2022
New Updates to Simplify Your Shopping Experience
In our recent renewed commitment to shoppers, we made a commitment to give shoppers support while you shop and beyond. Today, we’re furthering that commitment with a suite of new features that will simplify and…...Nov 9, 2022
Simplified Returns + 3 More New Features For Smooth Shopping
We’re excited to announce some new features that will help make your batch smoother than ever, as part of our commitment to support you while you shop, and beyond. Based on feedback from shoppers, we…...Nov 9, 2022