Continuing to Prioritize Your Safety
There is nothing more important to us than the safety of the shoppers using our platform. We’re continuing to add resources to the Shopper app to best support you during your shopping experience.
The safety toolkit is a great resource, providing you safety tools at your fingertips. In the safety toolkit you can:
- Receive safety alerts of incidents near you so you know to avoid the area
- Report a safety issue for non emergencies, like a rude customer
- Contact emergency services right in the app if you’re in need of medical, fire, or police assistance.
We continue to further develop these tools, most recently enhancing emergency calling to offer faster service and more accurate location sharing.
How it works
- Tap the blue safety shield in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Select “safety tools” from the pop up menu
- From there you can tap on what you need, whether it’s viewing an alert, reporting an incident, or requesting 911 services
Safety lessons are another great resource for you to utilize if you choose to. These short but informative lessons offer you the opportunity to learn more ways to protect yourself while shopping and delivering.
To view safety lessons—
- Open the Instacart Shopper app
- Tap the star (★) at the bottom of the dashboard to go to the Ratings page
- Scroll down and tap Improve your skills with lessons
- A new tab will open up with all available shopper lessons
- Tap the Shopper Safety Series folder
This is only the beginning. The team at Instacart is committed to providing you with the support and safety that makes your shopping experience as seamless as possible and protects you while you work. We look forward to continuing to implement your feedback and developing new features that care for you, the way you care for your customers.
You can learn more about our renewed commitment on our website
Most Recent in Shopper Community
10 Items or Less: Keeping Busy After Retirement
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...May 2, 2022
Our Commitment to Shoppers: Ingredients to Earn on Your Terms
We’re rolling out a suite of new product features each month to further our commitment to shoppers and share more about how we’re building an even better shopper experience. This month, we’re sharing more about…...Apr 5, 2022
Tip Protection for Zeroed Out Tips
We’ve heard from you that it can be frustrating as well as anxiety provoking that a customer can remove their entire tip after a delivery. As part of our new commitment of Ingredients to earn…...Apr 5, 2022