10 Items or Less: What I Earn Is Up to Me
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
- What’s your name and where are you from? My name is Melissa, and I’m from Florida.
- How long have you been shopping with Instacart? I’ve been a full-service shopper with Instacart for 3 years now. I was actually on vacation in Oregon when I first joined and was so excited to start that I worked my entire vacation in a town I didn’t know!
- What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart? Oh my goodness. I love absolutely everything about Instacart, but my favorite part is the flexibility and potential money I can make at any given time. It’s up to me.
- What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart? Dessert, tea, and chicken.
- What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you? I am a grandmother of 7 beautiful grandbabies!
- What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)? Always always always communicate with the people you’re shopping for!
- Do you have any relationships you’ve made while shopping with Instacart? Yes, many!
- What’s your most used emoji? 🤗🤗🤗
- What’s your “side dish” – a hobby, a hidden talent, another job you do on the side? Farming.
- What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to the shopper community? This is a wonderful service that is needed in most communities. Helping people helps me just as much as it helps them!
Most Recent in Shopper Community
Thanking Shoppers For Sharing Love Through Food
Since our earliest days in San Francisco, the shopper community has played an important part in Instacart's journey. Over the past 11 years, shoppers have picked more than 14 billion items, sent and received more…...Aug 25, 2023
New features to make your experience seamless
Kurra - 526 deliveries Today we’re announcing a number of new features designed to make shoppers’ experience using the app even more seamless. From signing in to delivery, we want to simplify every step of…...Aug 22, 2023
Improving Shoppers’ Experience from Login to Delivery
Today, we’re excited to introduce a suite of new features for Instacart shoppers that will simplify your experience – from logging into the app to delivery – making shopping and delivering as seamless and secure…...Aug 22, 2023