10 Items or Less: Shop With Love
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
1.What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Maryam. I’m from Iran and live in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
2. How long have you been shopping with Instacart, and in what roles?
I started shopping in October 2020 as a full-service shopper.
3. When and why did you decide to start shopping with Instacart?
I needed a job with flexibility. Since I’m addicted to shopping and I love to communicate with people, I was excited about the opportunity to become a part of the Instacart shopper community.
4. What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart?
Shopping for the best groceries and chatting with customers.
5. What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart?
Strawberries, blueberries, and bread.
6. What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)?
I always shop like I’m shopping for my family and friends. I’m happy to help customers and want to ensure they enjoy the items I pick for them.
7. Do you have any relationships you’ve made while shopping with Instacart?
The most important relationships I’ve developed are with other Instacart shoppers who are happy to help me find items, as well as my customers. I love the community in Canada!
8. What’s your most-used Instacart emoji?
🌹 and 😍
9. What’s your “side dish” — a hobby, a hidden talent, another job you do on the side?
I’m a dental assistant student and I love hiking. Ontario has beautiful places to hike that I continue to discover.
10. What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to the shopper community?
Shop with love and give your best to your customers — you’ll deliver not just groceries, but positive energy too.
You may also like...
Introducing New Daily Summary
We’re introducing a new personalized summary, offering a helpful overview of the shopping services you provide with Instacart each day. Within your daily summary, you’ll see your earnings, customer compliments and feedback, and details around…...Sep 24, 2021
24/7 Delivery Now Available
As we work to offer more batches for shoppers — and more choices for customers — we’re introducing 24/7 delivery, unlocking the ability to shop anytime is best for you. 24/7 delivery will be available…...Sep 14, 2021
10 Items or Less: Lean on Your Fellow Shoppers
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Aug 31, 2021