10 Items or Less: Shop Like You’re Shopping for Your Own Family
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
- What’s your name and where are you from? My name is Bryan, and I’m from New Jersey.
- How long have you been shopping with Instacart, and in what roles? I’ve been a full-service shopper since March of 2020.
- When and why did you decide to start shopping with Instacart? I enjoy food shopping and once I started shopping with Instacart, I knew it was my cup of tea. It’s like there’s a carrot always dangling in front of me – no pun intended.
- What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart? I love meeting new people, and seeing the amazing and warm customer reviews makes me feel good.
- What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you? I’m a United States Air Force Veteran, who was once a jet mechanic on the mighty F-15 Eagle.
- What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)? Your initial greeting goes a long way, especially if you have repeat customers. You’ll amaze your customers when you start to remember little details about them. I have many repeat customers who have come to love the way I shop for them.
- Do you have any relationships you’ve made while shopping with Instacart? I have made many great relationships with other Instacart shoppers, friends at the local grocery stores, the guys and gals at the gas stations, local police and fire department, and, most importantly, customers who I now know on a first name basis.
- What’s your most-used Instacart emoji? The star in my initial greeting.
- What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to our shopper community? Communication goes such a long way.
- Anything else you want to share with the shopper community? My motto is “I always shop for everyone as if I am shopping for my own family.”
Most Recent in Shopper Community
Changes to customer ratings
Dedrick - 3071 deliveries We know that shoppers do their best on each batch to deliver great service. However, you’ve told us that it can be frustrating if a customer provides a low rating based…...Nov 15, 2023
Introducing Updates to Our Ratings System
It’s incredibly important to us that our shopper ratings system is as fair and straightforward as possible. Not only do ratings allow you to receive real-time feedback from your customers, but maintaining an average rating…...Nov 15, 2023
Celebrating Shoppers this Holiday Season: Win Free Groceries for a Year!
The holiday season is upon us, and there's no better time to express our gratitude for the amazing Instacart shopper community. Shoppers bring the spirit of the season directly to customers' doorsteps, delivering the ingredients…...Nov 13, 2023