10 Items or Less: Keep Up the Great Work
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
- What’s your name, and where are you from? My name is Roman. I’m originally from Ecuador, and now I live in New York.
- How long have you been shopping with Instacart? I’ve been shopping with Instacart part-time for about a year.
- When and why did you decide to start shopping with Instacart? My wife signed up with Instacart first and said it was a good way to earn some extra money. I signed up too and have been doing it ever since.
- What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart? My favorite thing about shopping with Instacart is the flexibility I have with my time. One other thing I like is that since I have started shopping, I’ve learned about new healthy foods, and I’ve started to change some aspects of my diet based on what I’ve learned.
- What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart? Oranges, apples, and eggs.
- What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)? Shop as if you were shopping for yourself.
- Do you have any relationships you’ve made while shopping with Instacart? Yes, I’ve met a lot of wonderful people while shopping. When I first started I wasn’t afraid to ask for help, and it led me to meet many fellow shoppers that today I can call my friends.
- What’s your most-used Instacart emoji? 😁
- What’s your “side dish” — a hobby, a hidden talent, another job you do on the side? I’m a full-time construction worker who also loves to shop. I like to build stuff.
- What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to the shopper community? Keep up the great work that everyone is doing!
Most Recent in Shopper Community
Thanking Shoppers For Sharing Love Through Food
Since our earliest days in San Francisco, the shopper community has played an important part in Instacart's journey. Over the past 11 years, shoppers have picked more than 14 billion items, sent and received more…...Aug 25, 2023
New features to make your experience seamless
Kurra - 526 deliveries Today we’re announcing a number of new features designed to make shoppers’ experience using the app even more seamless. From signing in to delivery, we want to simplify every step of…...Aug 22, 2023
Improving Shoppers’ Experience from Login to Delivery
Today, we’re excited to introduce a suite of new features for Instacart shoppers that will simplify your experience – from logging into the app to delivery – making shopping and delivering as seamless and secure…...Aug 22, 2023