10 Items or Less: Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
- What’s your name and where are you from? My name is Ingrid and I live in Duluth, Minnesota.
- How long have you been shopping with Instacart? I’ve been an Instacart shopper off and on for about 3.5 years.
- Why did you decide to start shopping with Instacart? I needed extra money, and Instacart had the schedule flexibility that fit into my day.
- What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart? Working alone. I’m a stay at home mom, so alone time is a nice break, even if I’m working.
- What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart? Almond milk, coffee creamer, and strawberries.
- What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you? I traveled throughout Russia for 5 weeks in college.
- What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)? Eat before you shop so you aren’t tempted to buy food for yourself while shopping!
- What’s your “side dish” — a hobby, a hidden talent, another job you do on the side? I’m a stay at home mom, but I’m also a part-time professional photographer! I do mostly grad and family photos.
- What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to the shopper community? Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Anything else you want to share with the shopper community? You are appreciated by so many people, all of whom need to eat and get groceries. I even use Instacart myself so that I don’t have to bring my kids into the store to shop (honestly, it can be a nightmare with a toddler). So thank you, thank you, thank you!
Most Recent in Shopper Community
Queued Batches & More About Add-Ons to Keep Earning
We’re excited to announce a couple features that help you make the most of your time when you’re shopping. As part of our continued commitment to provide you with ingredients to earn on your terms,…...Feb 15, 2023
New Updates to Maximize Your Time Spent Earning
We’re continuing to make improvements to the Instacart platform that build upon our renewed commitment to shoppers. That’s why, today, we’re excited to share we’re furthering our commitment to offering shoppers ingredients to earn on…...Feb 15, 2023
10 Items or Less: Who Doesn’t Love a Smile?
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Dec 22, 2022