10 Items or Less: Delivering Holiday Spirit
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
- What’s your name and where are you from? Travis J from East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.
- How long have you been shopping with Instacart, and in what roles? One and a half years as a full-service shopper!
- When and why did you decide to start shopping with Instacart? I decided to start shopping during the start of the pandemic so I could help some of the people in my community get the things they need.
- What’s your favorite thing about shopping with Instacart? Smiling customers!
- What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart? Cookies, Dr. Pepper, and chips.
- What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you? I work for a Christmas tree company in NYC during the holiday season selling Christmas trees. I’ve even installed Mariah Carey’s tree in her Tribeca apartment!
- What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)? It’s easiest to start from one end of the store and work your way to the other.
- Do you have any relationships you’ve made while shopping with Instacart? Yes, I deliver to the same lady often and even carry the groceries in for her — she makes my day every time I shop for her!
- What’s your “side dish” — a hobby, a hidden talent, another job you do on the side? When it’s not Christmas tree season, I also work as a handyman on the Handy app platform.
- What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to the shopper community? Always go the extra mile to make sure your customers are satisfied. You never know who you’re delivering to and how it affects their daily life!
Most Recent in Shopper Community
Celebrating Shoppers with the Souper Shopper Sweepstakes
In the midst of a busy holiday season, customers are looking to Instacart and its shopper community more than ever to bring the items they need to their doorsteps. Whether that’s food for their favorite…...Dec 17, 2021
Introducing New Safety Features to Support Shoppers
One of the most important things we can do at Instacart is enable shoppers to earn safely. As part of this commitment, today we’re excited to introduce new safety features and technology for shoppers. Introducing…...Nov 17, 2021
Introducing Cell Phone Perks for Shoppers
Today, we’re announcing new partnerships to offer shoppers opportunities to save on cell phone plans, devices, and accessories in Canada and the United States. We know your cell phones are an important tool for you…...Nov 5, 2021