10 Items or Less: When Customers Become Friends
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this community’s stories, highlighting Instacart shoppers, shift leads, and site managers all across North America. 10 Items or Less is a series featuring just some of the amazing members of the Instacart community, sharing their unique experiences and secret sauce with the world.
1. What’s your name and where are you from?
Malcolm, from Milwaukee, WI.
2. How long have you been shopping via Instacart, and in what roles?
I started in August 2018 as a full-service shopper.
3. Why did you decide to start shopping via Instacart?
I started because I’m a retired head chef, and I always enjoyed the shopping side of the business. I thought shopping with Instacart would be a great way to get out of the house, do something that I love to do, and also help others.
4. What’s your favorite thing about shopping via Instacart?
I love the flexibility and being able to provide a quality service to people.
5. What 3 items are always in your personal shopping cart?
Eggs, cheese, and bread.
6. What’s a fun fact that would surprise us about you? *
I’m a huge music fan of all genres!
7. What’s a shopping tip that a lot of people might not know (your “secret sauce”)?
Using paper vs. plastic, and packing the bag efficiently.
8. Do you have any relationships you’ve made while shopping via Instacart?
Yes! I have a lot of repeat customers, who have become friends.
9. What’s one piece of guidance or encouragement you would give to our shopper community?
If you treat your customers as you would want to be treated, then shopping can be an extremely fulfilling experience.
10. Anything else you want to share with the shopper community?
Be kind to others, and stay safe!
You may also like...
Excited to Join the Instacart Family
To our shopper community, This is my first official week as the newly-appointed CEO of Instacart. I’m incredibly excited to get started, and I’ve been spending the past couple of weeks introducing myself to the…...Aug 2, 2021
10 Items or Less: Shop With Love
The Instacart community is as diverse as the items in the grocery store — every day, tens of thousands of individuals shop, deliver, and become an extension of people’s households. We want to share this…...Jul 30, 2021
Streamlining and Updating the Shopper App
From the moment you open the Instacart Shopper app, we want to make it easy for you to find batches and start earning. That’s why today we’re introducing several new features that will make the…...Jul 12, 2021