Daikon Radish Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to daikon radish
About daikon radish
Daikon radish is a root vegetable related to cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli. Daikon radishes may also be called Japanese radish, Chinese radish, winter radish, long white radish, Asian radish, luobo, and icicle radish. This simple root vegetable is a staple in the diets of many Asian cultures. Daikon means "great root" in Japanese.
The most common daikon radish in the supermarket is long and white, resembling a chunky carrot. When shopping for daikon in the grocery store, you may come across the following daikon varieties:
- Miyashige white: This daikon radish is pure white and can be 12 to 15 inches long.
- KN-Bravo: The KN-Bravo has deep purple skin and light purple or white flesh. This variety can grow up to six inches long and has a slightly sweet flavor.
- Alpine: This radish grows to five or six inches long and is a popular ingredient in kimchi due to its sweet flavor.
- Watermelon: This heirloom daikon is round, with pale green skin and shockingly bright pink flesh. Watermelon radishes are slightly peppery and sweet.
- Japanese Minowase: This is the largest of the daikon radishes, growing up to two feet long. Minowase radishes are white, crunchy, and sweet.
- Shunkyo: Another round daikon variety, the Shunkyo radish has red skin and white flesh. This radish has an intense peppery flavor and pinkish leaves.
All daikon radishes have crisp, juicy flesh and thin skin. In addition to the root vegetable, daikon leaves are edible. The daikon radish is available in supermarkets year-round, but the peak season is November and December.
Daikon Radish Near Me
Buy your favorite daikon radish online with Instacart. Order daikon radish from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.