Kale Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to kale products
Kale is one of the hottest vegetables on the planet right now, a leafy type of cabbage cultivar prized for its incredible health benefits. Discover what all the hype is about when you choose kale from Instacart. Shop online or via the Instacart app and get kale at your doorstep in as little as 2 hours!
It might be the flavor of the month, but kale is not new. Farmers in Asia Minor and the Mediterranean grew this leafy vegetable for food as early as 2000 BC. Russian traders brought Russian kale, one of many kale varieties, to North America in the 19th century. For most of the 20th century, Americans used kale for decoration. However, in the 1990s, Americans began discovering its nutritional credentials and bold taste.
Kale is rich in the following elements:
- Fiber for digestive health and reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Antioxidants to remove unwanted toxins from the body.
- Calcium for healthy teeth and bones.
- Vitamin C for immune health.
- Vitamin K for heart, bone, and brain health.
- Beta-carotene for clear skin and healthy hair.
- Goitrin for healthy thyroid function.
Kale is a versatile vegetable that you can eat raw or cooked in various ways, including steaming, boiling, baking, and sauteing. Try kale in the following dishes:
- Raw scattered through a salad.
- Sliced raw with other vegetables, meat, and cheese in a sandwich or wrap.
- Stirred through a soup or stew.
- Sauteed in olive oil with garlic and onions for a healthy side dish.
- Tossed in olive oil, seasoned with spices, and baked as chips.
- Blended in a fruit or vegetable smoothie.