White Eggplant Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to white eggplant
About white eggplant
Eggplant is technically a fruit, but it's usually used as a vegetable. It's in the same family as tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes. Eggplant comes in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, and you can find it in several colors, including the white eggplant. The name eggplant originally referred to the white plant because it is small and shaped like an egg.
White eggplant comes in several varieties:
- Casper: The Casper is a French heirloom variety. It's usually about six inches long with a mild-flavored flesh with almost a mushroom-like flavor and a silky texture. The Casper has almost no bitterness.
- Clara: The Clara is an Italian hybrid eggplant. It's oval-shaped and about six to seven inches long. It has a mild taste with a slightly nutty flavor and a creamy texture.
- Japanese White Egg: The Japanese White Eggplant is small with a teardrop shape that is only about two to three inches long. You can just slice these in half and put them on the grill for a classic eggplant flavor. This variety has a rich and creamy taste.
- Gretel: The Gretel is small with a fingerlike shape. They have an ivory color on the outside, and inside, the flesh is tender and sweet without any bitterness.
- Snowy White: The snowy white is usually about eight inches long. It has a firm texture that cooks up nicely.
- Crescent Moon: You'll find that the crescent moon has even more flavor than other white eggplants. The flesh is creamy and mild.
- Ghostbuster: Ghostbusters become fairly large. They have an oval shape and can measure up to seven inches long and four inches wide. This eggplant has a nice sweet flavor until they become overly ripe. Once they start to turn the corner, they become yellow and have a bitter taste.
White Eggplant Near Me
Buy your favorite white eggplant online with Instacart. Order white eggplant from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.