Winter Melons Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to winter melon
About winter melon
Winter melon is a mild-tasting fruit that grows on creeping vines and thrives in warm climates. It is popularly used as a vegetable in Asian food, including Chinese and Indian cuisines. Many people use winter melon as an ingredient in beverages, soups, and sweets. Its alternative names are winter gourd, ash gourd, and ash pumpkin.
This fruit has a high nutritional value. It is rich in fiber, zinc, vitamin C, and carotene. It also has small amounts of vitamin B, copper, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorous. Here is a breakdown of what a 100-gram portion of raw winter melon offers:
- 13 calories.
- 2.9 g fiber.
- Vitamin C: 14% DV.
- Copper: 1% DV.
- Manganese: 3% DV.
- Zinc: 6% DV.
Winter melon provides various health benefits. Each nutritional element in this vegetable provides a distinct value. Here are a few insights into these elements.
- Fiber: Its high fiber content helps improve digestion and control body weight. This fiber is highly soluble, meaning it forms a gel-like substance in the gut to slow digestion.
- Iron: Iron helps improve air circulation to the body extremities. It also enhances red blood cell production. Excellent circulation of oxygenated blood helps improve your cognitive function.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B helps increase energy levels in the body by improving metabolism. It also helps realize hormonal health and balance and improves vision and eye health. Its antioxidants help reduce oxidative stress in your retina.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C in winter melons helps boost the immune system. It also increases collagen production, which assures you of better skin health. This element facilitates faster cell growth and repair too.
- Potassium: Winter melon is rich in potassium, which helps lower blood pressure in the blood vessels or arteries. Since it allows the free flow of blood, potassium reduces the risk of coronary heart conditions.
Type 2 diabetes patients often use winter melon, as it helps reduce blood sugar and insulin levels. Its antimicrobial properties may protect the body against certain fungi and bacteria. This vegetable's extracts could also eliminate inflammation, protecting you against chronic diseases and ulcers.
Winter Melons Near Me
Buy your favorite winter melons online with Instacart. Order winter melons from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.