Get in as fast as 1 hour
It’s all local
Shop your favorites
Connect with shoppers
Rambutan Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to rambutan
Rambutan Near Me
Buy your favorite Rambutan online with Instacart. Order Rambutan from local and national retailers near you and enjoy on-demand, contactless delivery or pickup within 2 hours.
FAQs about rambutan
You want to avoid peeling rambutan until you're going to serve it. Some varieties of rambutans have seeds that slide out easier, which are called freestones, while others, called clingstones, stick to the flesh. All this means is that you might need to work a bit harder to get the fruit out.
To open the fruit, use a sharp knife to cut open the skin. Don't cut too deeply. If you happen to have a ripe rambutan, you might find that you can twist and open it with your hands. Peel away the skin to reveal the fruit. The spikes won't hurt you as they're not sharp, but make sure you're gentle, so you don't break the fruit. Cut open the fruit to remove the seed. Many times the fruit will come out smoothly, especially if you're able to twist it open.
Rambutans are delicate pieces of fruit and don't have a very long shelf life. They can keep for one or two days at room temperature, but if you want to keep them for a few more days, wrap them in a paper towel and place them in a breathable plastic bag. Store them at high humidity in the refrigerator, and they will last for up to two weeks. However, if placed in the refrigerator, they quickly lose their fragrance. You can also freeze whole, unpeeled rambutans in a zip-topped plastic bag. When you remove them, simply peel and enjoy.
Rambutans are low in calories and have several health benefits, including the following:
- Antioxidants: The fruit has high amounts of antioxidants, which can help lower your risk of cancer.
- Copper: Although the body only needs a small amount of copper, this mineral works along with iron to keep your blood healthy and red blood cell production at its best.
- Dietary fiber: The rambutan's high soluble and insoluble fiber content helps with digestion and prevents constipation.
- Potassium: This mineral helps your kidneys function properly and your muscles contract.
- Vitamin C: Rambutan has a substantial amount of vitamin C, which can keep your immune system healthy and reduce the risk of cancer.