Fresh Lemons for Delivery or Pickup
The Instacart guide to lemons
Lemons add a bright splash of color and flavor to meals, drinks, and desserts. Instacart makes it easy to have fresh lemons delivered any time of year. Use the Instacart app to add lemons to your cart, and our friendly shoppers will do the rest. In many cases, you can have your order delivered in as little as 2 hours!
Lemons Near Me
FAQs about lemons
Preserved lemons are used in Moroccan and Middle Eastern recipes. They are also a great addition to sauces, syrups, salad dressings, marinades, grilled meats, and beans. Preserving lemons is very easy, and you only need a jar, kosher salt, lemons, and lemon juice. You can also add vanilla beans, cloves, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, and ginger to preserved lemons.
Fill the bottom of a jar with salt. Cut the lemons into quarters or thick slices and cover them with salt. Pack the jar with lemons, pressing down on each one to release their juices. Add enough juice and salt to cover all the lemons and seal tightly. Preserved lemons should be left at room temperature for two to three days and then placed in the fridge for three weeks. Preserved lemons will last for six months to one year.
To use your lemons, rinse off the salt and discard the seeds and pulp. Chop or slice the preserved rind before using it in recipes.
The bright, fresh flavor of lemons pairs well with almonds, chicken, fish, honey, lime, raspberries, and strawberries. Lemon juice is the basis of homemade lemonade and many cocktails. Many salad dressings, sauces, and marinades incorporate lemons. Microwave your lemons for 30 seconds or roll them on the countertop before juicing to get the most juice possible.
Lemon zest adds a bright pop of color and flavor to baked goods, rice, pasta, and frozen treats. Be sure to use only the bright yellow outer rind, as the white pith is too bitter. Lemon wheels, twists, or wedges are also popular in mixed drinks and summer teas.
Lemons are effective bathroom and kitchen cleaners.
- Toss used lemons in the garbage disposal to keep it clean and fresh.
- Rub a cut lemon on your faucets to remove water spots.
- Restore copper pots by rubbing lemon and salt into discolored areas.
- Add lemon peels to cleaning vinegar to make a fresh-smelling, grease-cutting kitchen cleaner.
- Clean your cutting boards and remove stains by scrubbing them with salt and lemons.
- Remove rust spots from silverware by rubbing them with a cut lemon.
- Use lemon juice to remove soap scum from shower doors and bathtubs.